The Kiss

I had a few friends over today, Mia, Alana, Freddy, Tyrus, Jackson and Leon. We were just chilling when Alana approached me.

"girl you can't just sit here and stare at him! Just go over and speak to him like usual " I scoffed looking at her as she sat down.

" Lana it's not that easy , we're just so awkward. He knows how I feel, K? " I shrugged as she put her hand on my knee.

By 'him' we were talking about Tyrus. He sat there perfectly oblivious to my staring and laughing with Leon like I wasn't even here.

Since the kiss that we had a couple of months ago, it has been awkward. You see we were like best friends until one night I sort of got drunk and told him everything I've felt about him, leading us to have a wild snog scene in front of everyone. Luckily he was drunk too and I don't think he remembers that much but by the way, he has been acting so distant lately, I think he knows and just doesn't feel the same.

I zoned back into the real world after my flashback and slumped back in my chair. I watched his every move. The way his lips spread into a smile when he laughed. The way his arms flexed as he pushed himself up and down off the chair in hysteric.

I just don't know what to do.

Then suddenly the unthinkable happened, I quickly checked the buzz on my phone and saw that he had texted me. I swiped right to put in my password and open the text. It read

" meet me in the kitchen in 5min❤"

my heart began to race as I read over the message for the sixteenth time. I take, that it wasn't a question so I texted back a quick

"ok "

What does he mean to meet him in the kitchen... I don't care tho....I'm doing it.

He got up not even taking a glance at me and said

" guys I'll be back " they all nodded and proceeded the conversation. The signal for me to get up was now approaching only two minutes and 20 seconds to go.

I twiddled my thumbs nervously at the upcoming event.

What could he want to talk about

If it's about the kiss this is gonna be so weird

The time had come and passed and I was a couple of seconds late when got up and made my way to the kitchen trying to earn no stares. When I got to the kitchen, I opened the door seeing his tall stature behind the fridge. My heart pumped faster and faster like it was about to explode. Slowly and lightly closing the door. I made my way over to a barstool and looked down at the granite island. Before placing my head down I took a quick glance upwards to see him sitting on the work surface, tapping at his Snapple bottle.

" I need to talk to you " he spoke, feeling his stare right on me.

I couldn't find words so I just nodded silently, glancing up at him and then down.

" I'm sorry " he bluntly spoke.

I swung my legs twice under the chair preparing myself to lookup

"For what " I looked in his eyes, those brown orbs that have been stuck in my head for the last 2 months, glistening so brightly that night. So unforgettably beautiful. we had locked eyes for only a couple of seconds before we looked away.

" for not understanding you, being so distant for so long, not being there for you, not telling you that I love you too " my thoughts stopped

Did he really just say that he loved me?