Chapter 5

Enjoy (:

-------------------

Chapter 5

Blaise

The party was a disaster.

I was trying to get past a bunch of adhesive ex-girlfriends when Dustin pulled me aside with a panicked look on his face.

“She’s not here dude.”

“Who’s not here?” I asked, knowing well enough who.

“Grace! She’s not here. I called Abby and she said that they were on their way, but seriously it can’t take half an hour to walk over to the building right next to yours!”

“Chill man, they probably had to run back up for some like lip-gloss or something, I don’t know. Don’t fret over it.”

“What do you know about lip-gloss? And are you sure they’re just going to be ‘fashionably late’?”

“I don’t know! Maybe. I am not going to talk about this, please.” I put my hands up to emphasise on my point, and started to walk away backwards.

When I turned around I caught a glimpse of a tall girl in a short purple dress who had just walked in. Her long legs and bare shoulders were completely exposed to the cold and her thick brown hair went all the way down to her tiny waist. She carried a sweater in one hand and was rubbing her shoulders with the other. She turned around with a hesitant look on her face, and I immediately knew that she didn’t really want to be here.

I walked up to her and smiled. “So you made it.”

“Of course.” Grace said trying to smile.

“You look great.”

“Thanks.”She beamed. And blushed.

“Uh ok look Dustin’s kinda freaking out because he thought you ditched the party. You should probably go talk to him before he throws himself off the building.”

“Why would he do that?” she asked, shocked.

“Whoa I ‘m just kidding.” She visibly relaxed “But he was kinda bummed when he thought you were going to ditch, so go talk to him anyway ok?”

“Okay, oh I see him.”

She walked away slightly shivering, and all I could do was stare.

--------------------

Grace

“Hi Dustin.” He turned around.

And he almost hugged me. I took a step backwards before he could. I only let people really close to me touch me.

“Where the hell were you?! You were supposed to be here half an hour ago!”

“Uh, I had to um, run back upstairs for my sweater and uh some lip-gloss.”

He gave me sceptical look before shaking his head and smiling.

“So he was right. Well I’m really glad you’re here now. Where’s Abby?”

I pointed at a short red-haired girl in a gold-sequined tank top and black miniskirt. She was talking to Blaise, moving her arms around animatedly.

“Oh okay, I got to go talk to her for a second, I’ll be right back.” He said “Don’t move.”

I gave him a quizzical look while he walked away and pulled Abby aside. They hugged and then started whispering so I couldn’t catch a single word.