Chapter 2

After I had explained to the girls where the mysterious love bite came from and who gave it to me on the way home in the taxi, it seems as though they were only concerned about my safety. 

"Be careful baba, he's bad news." Laik said to me as she touched my shoulder. 

"Yeah, I heard he's been with countless women and uses them just for sex." Samantha said as she eyed my love bite. 

“Yeah I heard that too! Also that he’s been in a ridiculous amount of fights.” Chantal said with wide eyes. 

"Okay you guys, I get it. You're worried about me. I know. I don’t even know what happened or what this is but right now I’m just glad that he’s gone." I said to them in exasperation. I honestly didn’t want to have this conversation with them right now. 

"We're just looking out for you hon." Laik said to me sympathetically. 

“I know and I love you guys for that.”  I said to them as I sighed and as the taxi pulled up to my house. 

“Do you want us to sleep over?” Chantal asked me. 

“No, I doubt he followed me home. He left way before we did remember?” I said half-joking. I seriously hope he didn’t. 

“Okay babe, call if anything.”  Laik said as she hugged me. 

“Love you guys.” I called to them as the taxi drove off. 

As I was walking to my front door, I took a quick peek around my quiet neighborhood and saw nothing out of the ordinary. I mean what did you expect Dani, a big black range rover to be parked across the street from your house?  My subconscious questioned me. I shook my head silently chucking as I put the key into the lock and opened the door and turned on the front light. I made my way upstairs and pulled off my shoes one by one and then made my way into the bathroom to take a hot shower. 

After the shower, as I was passing the bathroom mirror, I examined the horrendous reminder of Liam on my neck and I gasped. It was big and red and had specks of purple on it. I raised a hand up to it and winced. Ouch that’s still sensitive and it was sure to stay on the surface of my skin for a few days. 

After I removed the rest of my makeup and washed my face, I emerged from the bathroom in my bra and underwear and my wet hair in a towel. As I released my hair and slipped on an old t-shirt from high school and some spandex shorts and then turned off my room lights and slipped into the warmth of my bed and for the first time, I was able to relax… for about 5 minutes until my phone vibrated. 

I groaned and turned on my back to retrieve it from my bed side table and gasped and turned pale as I read the text message. 

From: Liam Payne

Nice floor show love. Sweet dreams. ;) 

I shot up immediately and my eyes darted to my bedroom window to find that the curtains were opened. I raced over to the window to hastily snap the curtains shut, not before catching a glimpse of a black Audi R8 speed off into the night. I then made sure that every available entrance in my house was locked including windows and the garage door which didn’t even open without pressing a button. 

After a while I was eventually able to finally release that breath that I didn’t even know I was holding and made my way upstairs and back into bed. Where my dreams were troubled with the thoughts of a very intimidating person: Liam Payne.