Chapter 19

Liam's POV

She was out like a light, her head pressed against the window, breathing depply, my hand in hers. We were at a red light, when I looked over at her sleeping body. She mumbled something in her sleepy state and squeezed my hand. She shivered and moved around in the passenger seat. I glanced through the rear-view mirror and set my eyes on the blanket. At the stop light, I reached around and pulled it out and gently set it on her sleeping frame. The car ride was filled with the soft sounds of the radio, and Danielle's heavy breathing. Soon, we pulled up to her house, and I turned the car off. 

"Come on love, we're home." I whispered as I leaned over the console and kissed her cheek. She fluttered her eyelids before fully opening them and stared at me. She smiled before pressing her lips to mine softly. I cupped her face in my hands and pulled away. Our noses brushed as I as I spoke. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I kissed her nose, making her crinkle it as she laughed. 

"I'm feeling fine, thanks." she sadi in a whisper as she unbuckled her seat belt. She yawned before stretching her limbs and relaxing back into the seat. I smiled and opened my door and jogged round the other side to open hers. I lifted her out of the car, much to her sleepy protest. 

"Hey, I can walk." she mumbled before cuddling into my neck and softly breathing. I picked up her bag from the back seat and set it on her lap as I walked to her front door. She rummaged around in her bag for her keys and gave them to me. I kicked the door shut and pressed a kiss to her forehead as I took her upstairs, Lilo quietly following me. I set her down on her bed and removed her jacket and shoes. I was turning around to get some medicine when she grabbed my hand. I turned and held her hand in mine. 

"What is it love?"  I said as I kissed her hair. She opened her eyes and pulled me down to her chest. I rested my head on her shoulder as she kissed my forehead. 

"Thank you." she whispered as she played with the hairs at the back of my neck. I sat up confused as to why she was thanking me. I was about to respond before she spoke up. 

"Thank you for taking care of me, I really appreciate it." she softly whispered. I smiled and leant downt to kiss her lips softly before replying. 

"You don't have to thank me babe. It's what I do. Or what i'm supposed to do at least."  I joked, making her smile. "I'm going to grab some medicine and i'll be right back." I said, kissing her head before turning around and walking downstairs to the kitchen. 

I quietly padded down the stairs and made my way into the kitchen. I saw the NyQuil sitting on the counter and grabbed it. I was turning back up the stairs when the phone rang. I quickly made my way to the phone stand before it woke up Danielle and looked at the caller ID. It was a name I didn't recognize but obviously if this person was ringing Danielle she must've known who it is. 

"Hello?" I asked into the reciever. A female voice was heard through the reciever as she cleared her throat. 

"Um, I must've rang the wrong number, can I speak to Danielle?" she said politely. 

"Who's calling?" 

"Her friend Laik." she said into the reciever, I was about to walk up the stairs when her shriek was heard from my hand. "Are you by any chance Liam?" she said in a high pitched screech into my ear, making me hold the phone a short distance away. 

"Yes, i'm Liam." I said back, wincing as she shrieked again. 

"Oh my gosh, finally! GIRLS!!! IT"S LIAM!" she shouted "You have no idea how long we've been wanting to hear about you but Dani won't give us any details! And oh boy! we've got you on the phone. This is so exciting!" she squealed. I took a deep breath before replying. 

"Who exactly am I speaking to now?" I said as I made my way up the stairs to reach Danielle, who was pulling one of my t-shirts over her head. I came up behind her and nudged her head so her neck was exposed and pressed a singular kiss to the skin. She turned around and pressed her lips to mine. 

"Oh well I'm Laik, and you've got Chantal and Lucy here aswell." She said enthusiastically into my ear, making me wince. "Where's Danielle anyway." I heard another female voice ask in the distance. 

"She's a bit under the weather but she's here with me now." I said looking at her with pleading eyes. She looked at me with confusion written on her face before I showed her the caller ID. I thought she would help me get out of this, but she only laughed a slightly raspy laugh. 

"Good luck." she said as she took the medicine from my hands and sat it on the bedside table, and crawled into bed, patting the mattress for me to come into bed with her. I pressed speaker and tossed the phone to her and stripped down to my boxers. She laughed as she caught the phone before responding in a raspy tone into the reciever. 

"Hi girls." she said still giggling, making me smile as I removed my socks and crawled into bed with her. She laid her head on my chest with the phone resting on my lower abdomen. 

"Aww Danielle, you sound like shit." she said sympathetically into the phone, making her smile. "But I bet Liam's making you feel all better." she and the other two girls giggled into the reciever. 

"Well i'm trying." I said, making them hum in approval. 

"I better find her the same way I left her Payne or you'll have me to answer to." I believe Laik said sternly into the phone making me chuckle. 

"You think she's joking but she's dead serious." Danielle giggled. 

"I'm sure she is babe." I said kissing her head, making all her friends go 'awww!'