Chapter 15

I woke up with a heavy feeling in my chest. I took a deep breath which was quickly replaced by incessant coughing and sneezing. I struggled to sit up and as soon as my body was in a 90 degree angle, pain shot through my head making me flop back down on the bed and groan. There was no way I was in any condition to go to work today. As if the Gods had read my mind, my phone started ringing, I absentmindedly reached around on my bed to look at  the caller ID, to which it read "Ted".

"Hello." I groggily replied, due to my sore throat. 

"Dani, wow, you sound like shit are you alright?" he asked, his tone worried. 

"No, I'm sick. My throat is on fire, my head is pounding, my nose is stuffed up, and i'm coughing up a storm. I dont think I can make it to work today." I said weakly. 

"Stay home then hon. Come back when you're well. I could bring you some soup if you want?" he offered, making me smile. Ted is like an older brother to me. 

"No it's alright, i've got some stuff here." I said, a sneeze following after. 

He sighed. "Alright, i'll check up on you to see how you're doing."  

"Okay thanks Ted." I replied and then hung up. 

I then laid back down on my bed and rubbed my temples, trying to relieve my head-ache. My phone then vibrated twice, indicating that I had a text. I flopped over on my stomach to see who it was, making me smile a little bit once it read "Liam" 

From: Liam

Hello beautiful, how's work?

To: Liam 

Didnt go in today, i'm sick :/ 

I replied, I didnt bother turning back to my original spot because I knew he would text me back immediately. BUt he surprised me when he called.

"Hello Liam-" 

"I'm coming over right now." he said suddenly. 

"What? No Liam I dont want you to get sick and you're at work." I said, sneezing in between other words. 

"It doesn't matter if I get sick, I want to be there to take care of you, and I can always just leave early, i'll juts make up an excuse, like my sister is in the hospital." he said simply.

"Liam, I don't really feel comfortable *sneeze sneeze*" 

"You can't even finish that sentence because of how sick you are, no buts, i'm coming over. What are your symptoms baby?" 

"There is just no reasoning wit hyou is there, but if you insit, I have a sore throat, stuffed up nose, i'm coughing like a woman who's smoked her entire life, and it feels like a hammer is pounding on my brain." I said as cheerily as I could manage in my sickly state that was followed up by a sneeze and a groan. 

"i'll be there in twenty. In the meanwhile, just dont move. I want to do evertything for you." he instructed me.

"Yes sir." I said, giggling which made me cough. 

"I'l see you soon, bye babe." 

"Bye Liam." 

 I decided to get up and take a shower and change into some more comfortable clothes, I picked up the pair of Liam's boxers that I wore over here and one of his t-shirts and took them with me into the bathroom. I took a long shower hoping for the steam to relieve my sinuses but which I sort of did but I still had that pounding head ache and it hurt to tallk. It seems I got out of the shower at the perfect time because as soon as I opened the door, my door bell rang. I grabbed a large blanket and walked down the stairs to greet y boyfriend at the door. I turned the knob and was greeted with Liam, who was in basket ball shorts and a loose fitting tank, with concern etched in his features he had a plastic bag in his hands, the contents unknown to me . He leaned in to kiss me but I back away.