Chapter 14

Danielle's POV 

The car ride was silent as I began having a minor headache. Liam’s hand was resting on my knee slowly rubbing circles into the skin, humming along to whatever was faintly playing on the radio. I placed my hand over his to stop his movements as they were making me fall asleep. 

“You’re putting me to sleep.” I mumbled, making him smile and fold his hand into mine and squeezed. 

"Sorry love, just wanted you to relax." he said, as he glanced over to me. 

"I'm so relaxed that i'm falling asleep." I giggled softly.

"Well we're almost hone-um my place, and I plan on finishing what I started earlier." He said with a smirk, making my cheeks heat up.  Soon after, Liam pulled up into the driveway of his townhouse. He came around my side of the car and opened my door. 

"I think i'm going to buy a new car." he said suddenly as he closed and locked the car. 

"What? Why?" I thought he loved his car. it drives very smooth and its nice and always clean. 

"Because this one isnt safe enough. Not for you anyway." He said as he clasped my hand in his. 

"Me? Liam that's ridiculous." I said to him to which he frowned at me. 

"It's not ridiculous Danielle, I want you safe and plus I need a new car anyway." he said dissmisively.

"Alright, alright."  I said resigned.  He turned to me and pressed a kiss to my forehead. 

"I don't want to fight about it. I just want you safe." he whispered into my hair, making me reach up and press a kiss to his lips. He responded quickly and pressed his hands into my back. He pulled away shortly after and pressed his forehead to mine, our breaths mingling. 

"We'll continue this inside." he whispered. I shifted on my feet, sore from the shoes. Liam seemed to notice my slower movements until he stopped ande bent down and pried the heels off my feet and held them out to me to hold. I grasped them close to my chest as I let  out a breath, reveling in the removal of the shoes. I was about to take a step but I was soon swept off my feet......literally. Liam easily held me to his chest as he walked throught the front door of his flat. He pressed his lips to my head that was resting on his shoulder and set me down gently on his bed. 

"I didn't want you to get cut on anything." he whispered as he rummaged through his drawers and gave me a pair of balck boxers and a white V-neck t-shirt. I looked up at him and tried to read his expression, which of course was unreadable. 

"I'm going to have a shower." I said, breaking the silence, only to recieve his nod and departure from the room. As i stepped into the shower and turned on the water trying to wash off the events of the evening, it came to me. I always spoke of my family, but I rarely heard about his. Sure, I met his sisters but, he never spoke about his parents. 

By the time I stepped out of the bathroom wearing the clothes Liam provided, I saw him, clad in only a pair of boxers matching the ones I was in sitting upright in the bed playing around on his phone. He noticed my presence and stood up to meet me at the door. He took the clothes out of my hands and set them on the dresser. He then took his hands and wrapped them around my waist and press his lips on mine. I felt his tongue slide across my bottom lip to which I granted access. His hands then slid from the small of my back lower until they rested heavily on my backside. I gasped at the contact to which he picked me up and walked backwards to the bed. He laid down with me on top of him and then pulled away, our breathing unsteady. I rolled off of him and we laid on our sides to look at each other. I don't know what willed me to ask him but it just came out.