Chapter 4

It was 6:37 when I got home. I went out for lunch with Laik and the time got away from us. I only then remembered my ‘date’ with Liam that I had to cut Laik and my visit short who told me to call her as soon as it ended and I was safe at home. As I walked through my door, I remembered that I have no idea where im going so I don’t know what to wear and in an act of confusion I decided to ask Liam about it.

To: Liam Payne

What kind of clothes do you suggest I wear for this outing? 

Within seconds I received a reply. 

From: Liam Payne

Something light. 

To: Liam Payne

Shorts good? 

From: Liam Payne

Perfect. 

With that I set my phone down and I went into my closet and picked out my brown shorts and decided to wear it with a nice cream collared shirt and pair it with some brown sandals. And my cream messenger bag with a chain strap and I kept my hair and makeup the same. 

I sat in my living room mindlessly flicking through the television channel after television channel when the doorbell rang indicating that Liam was here. I took a sneak peek at the clock for it to read 7:00 exactly. Wow he’s punctual. 

I got up from my comfortable position on the couch and gave myself a once-over in the mirror, then made my way to the door. When I opened it, I was face-to-face with Liam who was wearing a black and white plaid shirt and black jeans and sneakers and a genuine smile that made his eyes turn into crescents. He looked so cute. It was such a transition from his coldness back at the store. He looked genuinely happy to see me, so it was hard not to return a small smile back.

“Hello love, you look beautiful.” He said as he took in my outfit. 

“Thank you.” I said shyly. 

“Where are we going?” I asked him. 

“To a party.” He said, looking me in the eyes to see my reaction.

“A party? Who’s party?” I said alarmed which made him chuckle.

“Relax love, we’re just stopping by for a little while, I want you to meet some of my friends and then we can get on to the actual date.” He said to me. 

“there’s more?” I said to him wide eyed. 

“Yes, there’s more. Now come.” He said as he grabbed my hand and opened the passenger side door for me, then ambled to the other side to get in the drivers seat and sped off into the sunset. 

I sat next to him as I fiddled with my hands in the silence that floated around us. Congratulations Danielle, you have just now gotten into a car with a complete stranger who is dangerous. My subconscious snarled at me. I took a quick peek over at Liam who was staring straight ahead tapping his fingers to the beat of the song that was playing. 

“Enjoying the view, love?” he said as he looked over at me, which made me blush and look back out the window. 

“I’m kidding, Danielle.” He said as he brought his left hand to rub the back of mine with his right on the steering wheel. 

I gasped when he brought my hand up to his mouth and placed a kiss on it before setting it back down on my leg. The car ride remained silent as I tried to keep my head clear. Before I knew it, we pulled up to a big house with music blasting. 

“Show time love.” Liam said as he opened his door and jogged around to open mine. 

“Everything is going to be fine Danielle, there’s no need to be nervous.” Liam said as he gently grasped my hand and leaned in to press a small kiss on my cheek. I took a deep breath and he nodded and we began to walk into the big house.