Chapter 22 - The Party

We are 5 minutes from home and I here music over the radio so I turn the radio off to hear one of my favorite songs playing.

As soon as we got closer and closer I could sense that it was coming from my house. It was true. Aïcha was trying to distract me.

We drove up to the drive and Aïcha came round and opened the door for me.

"Are you ready to party birthday girl?" She said with the biggest smile on her face.

"I guess so" I said softy trying not to show now nervous I am.

I slowly walk to the front door. I was getting more and more anxious. How many people are in there? Why would they want to spend my birthday with me?

Aïcha opened the door to reveal James, Connor, Brad and Tris stood in a line. They all had the cheekiest smile on their face. I started to calm down knowing that it was just them.

All of sudden more than 30 people jumped up and shouted 'surprise'. I stood there for ages just looking around and seeing familiar faces. There where old friends from primary that I had seen in over 4 years, there where new friend that I hadn't seen since school finished 2 weeks ago. Also some of my family were there.

I don't know how long I was stood there because Connor came over and asked if I was ok.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a bit shocked, why would so many people want to see me?"

"Because you are the most beautiful, wonderful, laziest girl I have ever met and everyone was honored to be invited to your party"

I looked up to see Connor trying to hide his rosy cheeks. I couldn't help but jump into his arm and give him the biggest hug ever.

"Thank you so much Connor" I tucked my hair into his shoulder and whispered "I know you organized the party ... James would never have done this, this big"

I jumped down and Connor give me the cheesiest smile. I smiled back and I got hold of his hand and started walking round saying hello to everyone.