Chapter 16 - The Call CONNOR'S POV

I feel so guilty, I felt her sat there. Sat there in the freezing cold. Connor what did you do?

I have sat on my sofa for what has felt like a year. It's been a week since I felt her; all I can think about is her.

Her long brown wavy hair, that frizzes when she's warm. Her bright blue eyes that resemble diamonds which gives me the uncontrollable smile. The way she makes me feel comfortable in the most awkward of situations. The way we could laugh for ages and then forget what we are laughing at which makes it even more funny.

I miss her.

What have I done?

She will hate me.

The only person I want to be with.

The person I want to wake up next to every morning has gone.

I never noticed my phone was next to me and I realised I haven't been on it for a week.

I click the button to unlock my phone. The light burns my eyes. My eyes started to adjust to the light.

The words:
'10 missed called off Ellie <3'

My thoughts and feelings started to repeat in my mind. I click on her name and the phone starts to ring. My heart starts to race and my palms started to sweat.

What have I done? Why am I calling her? I don't even know what to say!

Her smooth gentle voice woke me up out of my daze.

"Connor are you there"

"I'm so so so sorry" the words came out like word vomit. They came out before even being processed in my brain. "Are you ok?"

The guilt was killing me. Please just tell me your not ok and you never want to see me again. My lip started to shiver. I tried to keep the tears in but I couldn't as soon as I heard her say

"Connor I'm fine, I'm more worried about you"

The tears where uncontrollable. I didn't have time to answer before she said:

"Connor. Connor are you crying, right I'm coming over" her voice still gentle. But I knew she was worried.

5 minutes went by and I was laid in the same position as before. I could hear a car pull up outside my house. It must be her. My chest started to tighten as she would see me in such a state. I couldn't do this to her, not now.