Chapter 10 - The unexpected trip.

AÏCHAS POV

"Ellie?" I whispered, now worried was an understatement. There was no answer instead silence took its place. I could see her eyes glued shut and her body lifeless leaning all her little weight on me.

I didn't know what to do. I'm really bad in these situations. But I do know that I need to ring the ambulance as soon as possible.

I lay her down on the floor and run over to the phone. I rang the 999 service and the ambulance is on their way. I then ring James. But he doesn't answer and goes straight to answer phone.

"James, it's Ellie, something's happened. The ambulance are on their way so meet me at the hospital, please James hurry. Love you" I said into the answer phone my voice shaking showing a sign of fear.

I sit beside Ellie and wait for the moments to pass. I stroke her head and patiently wait. In the process I feel a tear trickle down my face. It's not the fact Ellie is ill, I mean I am past worried about her, I'm upset more over the fact that I was the one watching her. She's more like a sister than a friend to me. And I failed her on looking after her.

I get snapped out of my thoughts when I hear a bang at the door and I hurry to open it. As soon as I do the medical crew scurry in and place Ellie on a bed, pulling her outside and into the neon vehicle. I follow suit not wanting to miss another second protecting her, eventhough she is in good hands. Some men get in the front and others stay at the back with the two of us. The van starts and leads her to the hospital.

CONNORS POV

We sit at the convention bored out of our minds, although one question races through like on a race track. 'Why did we leave Ellie?'

It taunts me. Slowly. But. Surely. Eating away at my insides. If anything, and I mean anything happens, I would never be able to live with my self. The guilt is too much. But as always I fake and smile and pretend everything is ok. Key word 'pretend'.

James' movement next to me brings me back to my senses. "Going to the restroom...look after my phone con" he says, almost letting out a yawn, showing he is way past the level of boredness.

I just nod my head towards his direction and look back down at my fingers. My fingers that nervously play with each other.

Then a buzzing sound fills the sort of silence and brings me back to reality. I look down to see its James' and he wouldn't be happy if I answered it so I'll just leave it.

Moments later James strolls back plummeting down on the chair next to me.
"I miss anything?" He asked, sarcastically.
"Everything, there was dancing monkeys and singing ostriches" I say laughing.
"Oooo what a sight to miss" he said laughing back.
"No but seriously, your phone rang" I say turning back serious, for all I know it could have been Aïcha...What if it was Aïcha? What if something has happened? Now I'm worried.

After listening to the answer phone his face dropped and drained from its colour leaving pure worry.
"What? What's happened?!" I say almost shouting.
"It's Ellie" he says, typing something into his phone then shoving it in his pocket, his face showing all signs of concern.