A Trip Back to Where it All Started

Bilbo sat in front of the fire watching the letter slowly burn and thought about how Thorin could be love with Bard. He thought about the times when he caught Thorin staring at Bard from a distance and how Bard would stare longingly back at him. Bilbo wished that he was able to have Thorin stare at him the same way he stares at Thorin. He didn't know what to do. His heart was broken in two and the person who broke it loved someone else. Bilbo thought about what he could do to mend his broken heart while pacing around his little hobbit hole.

"Maybe I could throw out all of the things I got on the adventure to make me stop thinking of Thorin. Maybe I could buy some more furniture just to be able to do something or go down to the market just to get my mind off things. Maybe I could get a hobby. I'd do anything to stop thinking about Thorin."

And in that moment the only thing Bilbo did was think about Thorin. Bilbo felt his eyes start to water again but he suppressed his feelings so that he wouldn't cry again.
"I have to go see for myself if this is true. If Thorin was really in love with Bard. I have to see for myself. I'm going to have to go back to Erebor."