Secrets

Bilbo woke the next morning to a wet pillow and a groggy feeling surrounding him. He was confused as to why he had been crying but then began to remember what had happened the night before. He still remembered Thorin's voice in his head.
"Bilbo must go...not safe...Orcs..."
He felt a pain within him as he contemplated his fate. He had just rejoined with Thorin and believed that everything would be okay. Bilbo began to rise from his slumber as he heard his chamber door open and heavy metal boots clanking on the floor.
"Bilbo, I came to give you your break--Bilbo? Why are you crying?"
Thorin set the tray of food down on the table next to the bed and and ran over to Bilbo, holding his hands and staring longingly into his eyes.
"What is it?"
Bilbo dared not look at the dwarvish king and began to speak.
"Why must I leave Thorin? Why aren't you letting me stay? I have only just got here...why Thorin?"
Bilbo stood up and walked around the dwarf and sat on the opposite side of the bed, not making eye contact with Thorin.
"So you heard?" Thorin said standing with a stern yet concerned look on his face.
"Bilbo, it isn't safe. We have received word that Orc packs are along the outskirts of the kingdom, waiting for the perfect time to attack. I had Fili and Kili go out and kill as many as they could but they said that more were coming. We don't know why or how they are here in this vast groups but I want to--I need to protect you. You can't stay here. Gandalf tried to keep you from returning for as long as possible with the Orcs on the rise but as I can see, that didn't stop you."
Bilbo straightened up, still not making eye contact, and spoke.
"The only reason I came was because I thought that you were dead and loved Bard and--"
"I did it for Thranduil--"
"Yes. Yes. I know but--"
"Bilbo, you can't stay here!" Thorin said raising his voice.
Bilbo couldn't understand why his king was acting this way. The only thought he could come up with was that Thorin was hiding something.
"Fine," was the only word Bilbo could muster.
With that Thorin walked out and said as he leaved, "Pack your things and leave as soon as night falls. The Orcs won't be around the kingdom. I will give you a pony and food and drink. Goodbye."