Chapter 19: A rude awaking

LILAS POV

"She hasn't answered any of my calls." I complained.

"Probably because she got a new phone since she's in a new country." Parker said closing the fridge.

I looked at my phone, and threw it on the couch. "And like I said, when you break that phone, I'm not buying you another one." He said sarcastically.

"Where could he have gone? He's been in a coma, and then he just wakes up and disappears?" I paced back and forth.

"He doesn't even know Aero's in France!"
Parker came and grabbed my arms, and asked, "If he doesn't know she's gone, why hasn't he come to her apartment?"

I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder.

"I don't know."

"It's not like he's our responsibility anyways."

I backed away, and started to yell,

"He may not be our responsibility, but he's our friend!"

"To me, he's just the geek who's dating my sister." Parker snapped at me.

"Ugh maybe if I call the place she's staying, they can contact her."

I grabbed my laptop and sat on the couch. Parker sighed loudly, asking, "Why do you care so much?"

Giving him a nasty look, I said, "Because if we were in their situation, I would want to know you woke up. And it could have been us!"

"Yeah but I wouldn't have left the country if you were in a coma either." He spat at me.

I don't even think he's paying attention.

"Oh shut up this was a good opportunity for her!" I yelled letting everything that had been building up inside me out.

"Oh so you would have left me?" His face was turning red like a tomato now.

"Well if you were acting like this, maybe I would!" I screamed.

Tears started streaming down my cheeks as he slammed the door behind him.

PARKERS POV

I walked down the street as I tried to cool off. Our fights could be so stupid sometimes, but I didn't want to do anything I would later regret.

I walked passed all the small stores and stands on the sidewalks, when some guy ran into me. "Watch it!" I yelled to him.

When he turned back around for a second and said, "Sorry about that." I then realized it was Ben. He then went to walk away, when I grabbed him by the shoulder. "I said I was sorry!" He claimed.

"Ben?" I asked as he turned around. "That's what they call me." He seemed to say sarcastically. He was wearing a striped t-shirt, and jeans.

"Where have you been? You can't just leave the hospital!" I exclaimed. "How do you know I was at a hospital?" He asked.

I knew he was stupid, but seriously. "Because my girlfriend told me..." I said. "So does that mean I'm known around here?"

He seemed to be clueless, so I asked, "What has gotten into to you Ben?" He looked at me confused and asked, "Do we know each other?" I finally realized he was serious.

"You don't know who I am?" I asked. "Am I supposed to?" "If your dating my sister then yes!" "I have a girlfriend?" He asked. "You really don't remember?" I asked. He shook his head.

We went into a coffee shop near by, and sat down to talk. "What do you remember?" I asked.

"I remember waking up in the hospital, with a killer headache, and not able to remember anything about myself." He sighed, and gripped his coffee up.