Chapter 23

I run into the house and immediately run upstairs and my moms yelling. I grab my duffel with all my stuff that I need. Then I start to run downstairs to grab my water bottle and yell to my mom, "Mom they're all outside. They're going to my game. I'll be back don-..." I go to the kitchen and she's talking to Cameron. They're laughing and talking like they love each other. "Well okay, I'm not gonna argue."

"Don't worry hunny. Have fun at your game. Don't loose." She comes over and kisses my cheek. "Dad is out, but have fun. Bye Cameron, take care of her please." She waves us out smiling.

"Oh I will." Cameron replies. We walk out and I gave him a confused look. "I have that charm. You know?" He says smirking. I scoff and chuckle. We get in the car and on our way.

"So are you like Varsity?" Carter asks.

"I probably will this year." I reply.

"How is it going to be only your 1st year in varsity?" Carter asks. No, I don't want to talk about it. I shoot Ashley a look. She looks at me and understands not to say a word.

"I don't know, but it's ok." I reply.

"Let's put on music." Carter says. We all jam out to Carter's playlist till we get to the gym where my game is at.

We get out and I'm really hyper. The music made me all happy. I go to Ashley and pull her cheeks saying, "I make you smile." She smacks me but I just giggle. We meet up with the rest of the guys who came in the other car.

"Ok I have to go get changed and warmed up just go into the gym." I tell them.

"We're going to be the best cheerleaders you ever had!" Hayes yells. I laugh and run off to get ready. I meet up with the rest of the team and we run through plays and warm up in the gym. I walk into the gym and the AC feels great.

"YES EVELYN YES YOU GO!" I turn to see that it was Hayes. They're all chuckling. I hate attention oh my ugh.

My friend Andrea asks me, " Are all those hot guys with you?" She looks at them in awe.

"Yeah. " I reply. Girls on the team ask about the guys because they won't stop cheering over me doing nothing. Even the girls on the other are looking at them with awe.I just chuckle.

Score is 40-36 and we won. What a game. All the guys and Ashley kept cheering and I don't know how I kept focus. They made stupid chants the whole time. Can't hate those loosers. I grab my duffle, say bye to my girls from the team and walk across the gym when Danny comes on the floor. My stomach drops He grins at me, more of a smirk. This ass. He's the reason I got suspended. He's the reason why I was dropped to JV when I should've been on varsity. "Good game babe." He walks towards to me more and comes in for a hug. I move away and smile trying to be polite. "Haven't seen ya in a while." Danny flashes a smile, which makes my stomach hurt. "Heard you were hanging with some viners. Are they treating you okay?" With that he wraps a arm around my shoulder.

I move away and he does it again and I say, "Please stop." I look where to see where the guys are and I see Hayes catch my eye. I mouth 'Help' and he nods. Danny kept flirting but I just blocked it out hoping the guys would walk faster.

"Hi bud sorry to interrupt." Cam says walking in between Danny and I. Oh thank God. Cameron wraps his arm around my waist and I smile big. I see the rest of the guys standing around and behind me acting protective.

Danny looks at Cam and I back and forth. "Him? What a shame. You deserve better. Your friends are punny they won't do shit. Also you know you miss me. See you around E." With that he walks out.

I got the chills. Ashley walks up to me and asks, "Are you okay? Did he say anything?"

"I'm fine." I reply.