Chapter 37 (Part 1 Of Finale)

Since I haven't updated in like, FOREVER, (which I do apologize) I'm just going to split the last chapter into two parts. This is the first half, and I promise that I'll be working on the second half and attempting to FINALLY finish this gosh darn story. I hope you've enjoyed this section, and I really hope you'll enjoy the next. Until then, stay strong, and again, I'm so so so sorry that it's taken me THIS long to get just half done. Sorry, but at least I'm going ahead and showing you half of it now. Anyways, I love you all, and i can't wait for your comments to roll in!!!!

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Rosaline's POV

"Miss Rose, I cannot work any faster when you're hovering around me like that." Donatello sighed in annoyance as I stood over his shoulder, before he called out to one of his older brothers. "RAPH! COULD YOU COME AND TAKE ROSALINE OUT SOMEWHERE? SHE WON'T LEAVE ME TO MY WORK!"

The red-cladded turtle entered into Donnie's lab-like room and gave me the evil staredown. "I thought I told you to leave him alone! We already talked about this whole ice cube incident!"

"I couldn't help it!" I whined. "It's just really awful to know your sister could die at any moment if she isn't properly unfrozen!"

Raphael looked at me with less annoyance, and more sympathy. "I know, but it won't help if you stand right next to Don as he's working. It won't speed things up."

I placed a hand over my head, and sighed. "I just really need to get my mind off of this."

"Why don't you and I go do something, then?" He offered with a nervous tone.

I began to smirk while looking at him. "Are you asking me on a date, Raphael Hamato?"

"Yes....no, maybe? I don't know! Just answer the question!" His face turned to a light shade of red as he blabbered on.

I nodded. "Alright, let's go do something. It might help ease my tension with the block of ice incident."

"Good. Now get out of my lab!" Donatello sighed with relief as we left the room.

We walked throughout the sewers for what seemed like forever, until I finally mustered up the courage to talk to the hotheaded turtle beside me.

"Where are we going, exactly?"

"Nowhere." He responded.

I looked at him with disbelief. "Nowhere? What do you mean nowhere?"

"I meant what I said. We're just taking a short walk around the sewage area."

I groaned in annoyance. "Gee, that's the best thing you could possibly do with-"

"Would ya stop complaining?!" Raphael huffed before continuing. "You're so complicated!"

"I wonder why.... Oh wait, it's because I'm a girl, okay?!"

He paused for a moment, and gave me a pitiful glance. "Why do you say it in such an awful way?"

"Say what in an awful way?" I turned my body to face him and placed my hands on my hips.

He sighed. "You said 'because you were a girl', and your tone was..... melancholy."

"Well, maybe it's because girls are..... Boring after awhile." I rubbed my arms and shook my head with a frown. "Guys treat us like we're their whole world for only a week and then next thing you know they're in it for some money."

"Why do you say that?" Raph looked away as he asked, clearly as if he were afraid to know the answer.

I replied straightforwardly. "Because it happened to me before."

"....If I were dating you.....I'd treat you like a queen until the day we both died." He exclaimed rather quickly. "Rose, I love you and I've been meaning to tell you for awhile now. Will you please be my girlfriend?"

I looked at him with disbelief. "Really? You'd want to date a good for nothing cashier?"

"Hey! You're good for something! You're my world, and I do want to have the privilege of calling you my one and only."

I smiled to myself and nodded. "Then... Of course I'll be your girlfriend."