8: What Is It Gray?

-a couple months later-

"Riley, you seriously need to come to the movies with me tonight!" Jack says walking into my room while I edit my video.

"Why?" I say looking up at him.

"Because I don't want to go alone!" Jack says like it's obvious.

"Okay, let me get ready;" I say shutting my closet and going over to my closet.

Jack smiles and walks out of my room.

I put on a floral dress, tan booties, and a tan leather jacket. I pull my hair into a high ponytail curling it, and I do my makeup.

"Okay, I'm ready;" I say stepping into Jack's room.

"Alright! Let's go!" Jack says grabbing his car keys off his desk.

We walk out to his car and I get in
to the passenger seat.

"So are you going to tell me why you're being so nice to me?" I say looking at him pressing my lips together.

"I know it's your and Ethan's anniversary. I know how rough it's been these last three months for you! So I just wanted to make you a little bit happier today;" Jack says pulling out of the driveway.

"Jack that's so nice of you;" I say smiling at him.

"Yeah I know;" Jack says.
///

"That was a goo-" I get cutoff by my phone going off.

"Why is Grayson calling me?" I ask Jack pulling my phone to my ear.

"Hey, Riley! Okay!" Grayson says into the phone and I laugh at his energy.

"What is it Gray?" I ask laughing.

"I want to surprise Ethan;" Grayson says and I laugh.

"With what?" I ask laughing.

"You;" Grayson says and I feel a lump in my throat.

"I talked to my parents, and hey said they would love to meet you! Okay I'll fly you down here myself okay; just don't tell Ethan anything!" Grayson says and I smile.

"Really?" I say excited.

"Really. If Ethan finds out you're one of the people I'll come after! So pack because I already bought your tickets and you're flying down tomorrow at like eleven at night. You're staying for a week unless you want to stay longer;" Grayson says and I jump in my seat.

"Gray you are my favorite person right now!" I say and Jack looks at me.

"I wasn't always your favorite?" Grayson says and I smile.

"Top five;" I say.

"Okay, we'll go pack. Also I'm going to turn it into a YouTube video so don't get like over emotional;" Grayson says and I laugh.

"Okay, talk to you later!" I say and hang up.

"What was that all about?" Jack asks laughing as I dance in my seat.

"Do you promise not to tell Ethan?" I ask when I stop dancing.

"Sure;" Jack says laughing at me.

"Grayson is flying me down to New Jersey! Tomorrow night!" I squeal excitedly.

"What if mom says no?" Jack asks laughing.

"I will penny board myself to the airport and leave myself;" I say looking at him not joking.

"Okay," he says laughing.

"I have to pack!" I yell realizing I'll be there for a week.

"Well yeah;" Jack says laughing.
///

"Oh my God! It's one in the morning!" I say looking at my clock.

Mom already said I can go, and to have fun. Since I'm all packed except for a few things I lay in bed. Ethan has called me a few times and texted me but I don't respond because I don't want to say something and he find out.

I go to bed knowing I will be tired tomorrow.

I know this is extremely short but I have been updating more so...I think this is good enough! I love you guys and thanks for reading!