12: Friends With Benefits

WARNING: You might shit your pants during this chapter!

-a couple months later-

"Hey, Eth! You haven't been answering my calls;" I say into the phone.

"Yeah, well I gotta tell you something;" Ethan says and I know he's about to say something goofy to make me laugh.

"I think we need a break;" Ethan says and I feel a lump in my throat.

"Yeah, if that's what you think. So I guess I'll talk to ya later;" I say and hang up.

I go to Jack's room and just hug him crying, and he tries to get me to talk but I just cry.

"I should've never dated one of your stupid friends!" I say hitting his bed crying.

"Whoa! What happened," Jack starts and I look at him wanting to talk but I can't get the words to come out.

"Ethan thinks we need a break. He broke up with me;" I say tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Why?" Jack says wiping my cheeks.

"I guess the haters were right. I'm not good enough for him;" I say and start to cry hard again.

"No," Jack says hugging me.

"I don't even know what I did wrong!" I sob and he rubs the back of my head.
///

"I'm not canceling!" I say getting strawberries out of the fridge.

"You are going to Digi in New York where Ethan and Grayson are going to be;" Jack says watching me.

"I just need to pretend like the last three years of my life never happened! Can't be that hard;" I say sarcastically.

"Are you just going to show Ethan that you're fine without him?" Jack asks pressing his lips together.

"He needs to know that I don't need him!" I say cutting a strawberry.

"Okay," Jack says and walks off.
///

"Wait you're coming to New York?" I ask Cameron through the phone.

"Yeah! You?" Cameron asks within the last couple years Cam and I have became really close friends.

"Yeah! Maybe we'll stay in the same hotel!" I say thinking it would be good to hang out with a friend for a bit to get my mind off Ethan.

"Hotel? Won't you just go to Ethan and Grayson's house that night?" Cameron says confused.

"Um, no. Not anymore;" I say and he says sorry he didn't know.

"Yeah it's no big deal! I mean I can't be upset if I don't know the reason;" I say swallowing hard.

"Oh well yeah, okay;" Cam says and it's awkward silence.

"Well I'll see you next weekend!" I say and hang up.

I lay in bed and stare at my ceiling letting tears stream down my temples. He's not worth your tears Riley! Stop crying! He's not worth it! Stop crying!
///

-next week-

"I hate early morning flights," I say to Jack as we sit on the plane.

"Shhh," Jack says closing his eyes. 

I paid for wifi so I get on Twitter and see Ethan's tweet.

@EthanDolan can't wait to spend the day with my girl.

I look at my phone for a moment before texting Cameron.
---------------------------------------------
To Cam😋- who's Ethan's tweet about!?