Chapter 48

~Taking Care of a Child.~

”…Ok gentlemen, I’m turning it to green. Tom, take four cards.” Alex said and his voice was full of pride.

”Yeah, like I don’t have enough cards to my hands.” Tom said as I heard Henry laughing.

”Uno!” Henry shouted.

”HENRY YOU ARE CHEATING!” Alex yelled as Henry and Tom laughed.

”NO I’M NOT!” Henry said.

”Guys how many eggs?” I asked them.

”Two please!” They all said together and turned to look at me like a bunch of small kids.

“Alright… Alex, take two…” Tom said.

”I don’t think so my friend, you take two!” Alex answered.

”I said, take two…” Tom said once more.

”Are you kitting me?! Okay, okay… two… four…six…”

“I WON!” Henry shouted happily.

”That’s it, I’m not playing Uno never again with you guys.” Alex claimed as Henry laughed. 

”Ok, kids that’s enough. Henry, Alex go was your hands. Breakfast is almost ready.” I said as I took the milk out of the fridge and saw Alex and Henry leaving the room. 

”And what should I do?” Tom whispered close to my ear as he hugged me from behind and stuck his body on mine.

   I felt electricity penetrating my body when I felt him so close to me, and his deep, husky voice wasn’t helping much. I closed my eyes as I leaned my head back on his chest. Tom crawled his left hand’s fingers on mine and covered my palm that I was holding the pan. 

”I like my eggs over easy…” He said close to my ear and then he placed his lips on my neck.

”If you keep doing this, we are all going to eat burned eggs…” I murmured and I saw him smiling. 

”FAMILY, I’M HOME!” Tom and I heard Lina saying as she walked into the apartment. 

   As we all knew, Lina’s mum was sick and she had spent the night with her. Henry, Alex and Lina walked into the kitchen as we all sat down and started eating. 

”So how is your mother?” I asked her.

”Still sick… and I’m afraid that I’ll have to spend another night with her…”

”I wish she recovers fast.” Tom kindly said. 

   We kept talking when suddenly my phone started buzzing. I got up and walked out of the kitchen to answer. It was from work. 

”Hello?”

”Hey Alice, how are you?” I heard Annabel’s voice from the other side of the phone. 

”Fine, fine… what’s up?”

”We need you to the set tonight.”

”What? Why? I-It’s my day off remember?”

”I know Alice and I’m sorry… but we are shooting the last scenes from Henry IV and because Helen’s team is to the sets of Henry V I need you to come over…”

   I took a deep breath. 

”Ok… I’ll be there. What time do you need me?”

”Five p.m. I need you to be here.” Annabel said as I pinched my nails in my palm.