Chapter 51

~Two Angel Wings.~

   Slowly the chocolate was melting into my mouth while cold air was pushing back my hair. We were all in silence, the shootings were just about to start. Ahead of me I could see extras lying on the ground with arrows on their backs and swords close to their heads, the sky was blue and on the back of the set there were some extras with bows in their hands. Everyone had blood on their faces and dirt. I was standing before a battle field. A sharp pain made me take a deep breath.

    Some people passed carefully the cameras and us and walked on that cruel death field. It was Anton Lesser, who was playing Exeter and a young boy named George Sargeantwho followed him. They were talking with the director and I wondered where Tom was.

    Suddenly I felt a hand around my shoulders asI looked at my left scared. When I came across to his beautiful blue, from the sun, eyes I swallowed my chocolate and smiled to him. His face was covered with mud and blood but he gently replied the smile and leaned his head to kiss me. It was a quick kissbut with pure love.

     He didn’t say a thing. He just caressed once my hair and then walked away. Something was bothering him, I could see how sceptical he was; something was very wrong with him but he wasn’t in a mood to talk about it.

”ACTION!” The director yelled when he came behind the cameras with us.     

    Tom was standing with his sword in his right hand looking at the cruelty that war had left behind. We could see only his back and him looking at the right side of the field. He was so beautiful and sexy in King Henry’s armoury, which made me unable to look at anywhere else.

    Exeter and Falstaff’s boy approached King Henry in silence.

The Duke of York commends him to your majesty.” Exeter said to Henry as he turned to look at him.

Lives he, good uncle? Thrice within this hour

I saw him down; thrice up again and fighting;

From helmet to the spur all blood he was.” He answered.

    One of the cameramen lifted his hand and I turned to look at him. Trying not to make any noise I walked towards him and handed him the bottle of water he had asked.

”Thanks Alice.” The man whispered and I smiled to him when I heard horses neighing and some men voices yelling.

    I saw Tom walking a bit further and looking down the hill while I was walking back to my place. Tom took a deep breath and clenched his fist as he turned his head at the sky and yelled:

I was not angry since I came to France.

Uuuuuntiiiiil thiiiiis instaaaaaaaant!!!” He shouted out of control and shook his body from furiousness in a way that made even me afraid of him.  

    King Henry looked at Exeter, at the French down the hill and back at his uncle. Out of breath and furious he shouted again:

If they will fight with us, let them come down,

Or void the field; they do offend our sight:

If they'll do neither, we will come to them,

And make them skirr away, as swift as stones

Enforced from the old Assyrian slings:

We’ll cut the throats of those we have,

And not a man of them that we shall take