Chapter 3. Lapis Lazuli

The girl turned around and looked at you, surprisingly calm. You, on the other hand, had your mouth wide open.
"S-sorry I stepped on y-you...?" Was all you could say after a moment of silence of you and the girl staring at each other. She smiled and stood up, holding out her hand. "I'm Lapis. Lapis Lazuli."
You shook her hand. "And I'm (Y/N)," you said, your eyes still wide. Looking at Lapis, she was just as pretty as her gem. "S-so um.... What are you?" You asked, trying to stay calm.
"I'm a Gem. A species of... Well... It's hard to explain... You wouldn't understand," she said, looking over her shoulder. You had a confused look on your face, seeming to forget that Lapis was literally just a rock less than 10 minutes ago. "Do you know the area? Beach City, I mean." You asked, trying to change the subject. "You saw my friend today," she said calmly. "I saw many people today, Lapis. I don't think I could remember them even if you described them."  You replied. "You can't remember a little boy with a star on his shirt?" Lapis asked, looking confused and disappointed. "Oh, the Steven kid? I dunno when he'll come back to the shop. I don't know where he lives either-" you started, but you were quickly cut off by her calm tone "I know where he lives. I just never go over there because of the Crystal Gems," Lapis looked down. "Crystal...Gems..? Are they Gems like you?" You asked. "Well you could put it that way. There are really two.... Eh... It's like this border thing, between Homeworld Gems and Crystal Gems. I'm not sure if the war is still going on, just without the Homeworld Gems destroying this place since the Crystal Gems are a small army-" Lapis stopped talking when she looked at you and saw you were absolutely confused. "I'm sorry, (Y/N). I wish I could lay it out clearly for you," Lapis said. "Oh, don't be sorry! We can forget about the question I asked. Right now we need to come up with a plan for you and Steven to meet!" You said, smiling at her. Lapis Lazuli smiled back and hugged you. "Thank you, (Y/N)!" You hugged her back, saying "You're Welcome."

She pulled out of the hug and sat in front of you on the bed. So what's the plan?" She asked, her eyes giving off her excitement. "Well, we can walk around beach city and stop by each of the locals and ask them how frequently Steven visits their place," you said, you were always one to go through the back door rather than the front door. "Oh, I can't go out in public. The Crystal Gems, they'll be looking for me now that Malachi-" she stopped there. "I have to stay hidden. I can't go out there," Lapis said. You thought for a moment. "Well... There's always this," you reached down and grabbed your hoodie. Lapis looked at it for a moment. "What is it supposed to do?" She asked. "Well, here, let's stand up," you said, getting off the bed, Lapis did the same. "Hold out your arms, please?" Lapis held out her arms. You slipped the sleeves of the hoodie on her arms, pulled the hood up, and zipped it up. You moved her towards the bathroom and pushed her in front of the mirror. "Well how about that! It'll work nicely, (Y/N). I owe you so much!" Lapis said, touching her reflection in the mirror and saying something about how it's just like the water. "You're very welcome, Lapis Lazuli," you said. Just then your phone went off. You pulled it out of your pocket. "Ooh, what's that?" Lapis asked, looking at your phone over your shoulder. "It's a phone," you answered. Your sister was calling and you nervously picked up.
"Hey, (Y/N)," she said on the other line. "I'm almost home. I also have dinner with me. I got us Pizza!"
"Oh that's great, Tiana. I'll just wait for you too get back. Don't crash!" You said and hung up quickly. "How am I going to explain you to my sister?" You said, looking at Lapis. "Er... Truthfully?" Lapis replied, shrugging. "Well, that's what we're going with. I had no idea in the first place," you said. Lapis was looking around everywhere, interested in everything in the apartment. "Well, how about we pass the time with a game of Uno or something?" You asked, looking at her. "What's Uno?" She asked, clearly excited to learn something new. "It's a game with cards. When you run out of cards you win, and when you have one card you have to be the first to shout Uno. If you don't say Uno first you take two cards. Here, I'll show you!" You said, pulling an Uno box out of the closet and then the game started.

It had been about 20 minutes of you and Lapis playing that game. Lapis caught on quickly and won almost every time. You were just finishing up a game when your sister came through the door.
"Oh, hi Tiana. This is my friend Lapis Lazuli. You don't mind if she stays the night, do you?"