Val and Derek

Val, what am I supposed to wear? I asked as he came out of the dressing room dressed in a black dress shirt, black pants, and a pair of white and black Nikes. He looked at me. What's wrong with what you have on? Val asked. I looked down at the dress I just danced in. You don't think it's to dressy? I asked. He shook his head. No, chu look beautiful, babe. he said placing a black hat on top of his messy hair. I blushed and laughed. He pecked my forehead and grabbed his jacket. Shall we? he asked. I nodded as he grabbed my hand and lead me out to his car. I wanted to ask. I said as we arrived at his car. He turned and looked at me. Course, what's up? he asked. Would you be able to give me a ride to my car and I'll follow you to the restraunt? I asked. He nodded. Of course. He opened the passenger side door for me and I got into the car. I closed the door and buckled up as Val got into the car. He buckled up and started the car. We drove back to the warehouses in silence, the only noise filling the car, the radio. Val pulled up behind my car and I thanked him. He nodded and told me he would wait till I was ready to drive. I got into my car and started it up. Val pulled out of his spot and started driving when I heard someone call my name. Jamaica! I looked in all directions. My eyes landed on Derek. I rolled down my window. He was dressed in a white dress shirt, black slacks, and white Nikes. What's up? I asked. I would hate to ask this, but can I catch a ride with you? he asked. I nodded. Of course, hop in. I said unlocking the door. He walked over to the passenger side and got into the car. I owe you. he said buckling up. I shook my head. Don't worry about it. I said. Do you know where the place is at? I asked. He nodded as I started driving. Take a left here. I did what I was told. So, you and Val huh? he asked looking over at me with a smirk. Nice one! he said nudging me. I glared at him when we stopped for a red light. I don't even know him. I said letting out a laugh. He shrugged. So, you two have really good chemistry. he said. I started driving again. I've known the guy for years, he's never danced like that with anyone. he said. I shrugged. He doesn't like me like that, he's more like a best friend rather than a boyfriend. I said. He let out a chuckle. Are you kidding me? He wouldn't shut up about you ever since he poured coffee on you this morning. he said with a laugh. Turn here. Derek said. I nodded and turned into the restraunt parking lot. I can promise you he doesn't like me, Derek. I said as I parked the car and unbuckled. He shrugged. We'll see. he said as he got out of the car and headed to meet up with the others. I got out and was immediately met by Val. Hi. he said with a smile. Hey. I said smiling back as he lead us into the restraunt.