11 | everybody's been burned

Warning/Author's Note: This chapter takes place during Visionary (3x08) even though none of the material is really in this chapter. This chapter will involve some good old Clerek and some flashbacks of Clara's old life before Beacon Hills. I really hope this chapter clears some stuff up about Clara's past. Also, there is a sex scene coming ahead but it isn't too explicit. It's perfectly okay if you want to skip through it, you aren't missing much. Also these flashbacks are a little easter-egg to old characters I introduced all the way back in Pretty Reckless. Applause to you if you figured it out while reading this. Gif is of young Clara in flashbacks! Not edited.

Everybody's Been Burned by The Byrds 

Another Love by Tom Odell (I suggest listening during the sex scene, just saying)

Happiness by The Fray (Listen during the Stiles and Clara scene, please)

CHAPTER ELEVEN

        EVERYBODY'S BEEN BURNED

"Are you going to tell me where we're going now?"

Two werewolves, Derek Hale and Clara Lennon, sat next to each other in Camaro as Derek smoothly drove down an empty road in the darkest of nights. It had been silent between the two ever since Derek had abruptly demanded out of nowhere that Clara and him were taking a drive somewhere. He would reveal where they were going or why, just that they both needed to leave and by themselves.

It had been days since Boyd's death and everybody was dealing with it differently. Scratch that, it only felt like a no one was grieving. Clara and Cora had been the ones to comfort one another and everyone knew how Derek dealt with things; he didn't cry, he didn't mourn, he just acted like he was okay. Clara didn't argue with him on it, not wanting to make him more upset then she knew he already was.

For the past five minutes, Clara had let the silence become a boundary between them and just allowed her eyes to gaze at the star filled night. She almost didn't know how to talk to Derek or felt nervous to do so. Things have been tensed since Boyd's death and Clara didn't know how to break it. She yanked on the cuffs of her grey sweater, her brother's sweater to be exact, before pulling her knees to her chest, shifting in the passenger's seat. "At least give me something."

"We're visiting a place I use to go when I was a teenager." That made Clara wearily look over at Derek with a curious pair of eyes. He never expressed any information about his past unless Clara had brought it up or he had mentioned something. Derek Hale was never an open person about anything. 

Clara's brows knitted together as she pondered all the possible places Derek could be bringer her. "Why? You've never been very open on your past before."

He ignored her question, instead keeping his eyes locked onto the road ahead. "Neither are you. Why don't you tell anyone about your life before Beacon Hills."

She shrugged, crossing her legs. "What's the point? Talking about the past doesn't change anything."

"Even after four months, you're still got some cynicalness in you." Derek dryly chuckled, glancing at her for a split second. "Come on, I'll share if you share."

Clara scoffed at the idea but was also intrigued at the offer. Whether or not, Derek and her were dating anymore, she wanted to know more about him. His past was always hidden behind a curtain with stains of blood and tears. She smiled, rolling her head at him. "So, you want to know more about the secret past of Clara Lennon?"

Her over-dramatics made him crack a tight lipped grin as he made a U turn. "There's no harm, right?"

A small frown made its way onto Clara's face, realizing she wasn't exactly going to get out of this. But maybe, talking about this part of her life would help in some way. It was a long shot but it could be worth it. "I guess not. Um, what do you want to know?"