19 | scar of darkness

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Before I start this chapter, I just wanted to say how incredibly sorry I am about how inactive I've been with this story and some of my other stories. Over the last few months, I've been studying for my final exams, which is stressful as hell. I always have to look for a job since I recently got my work permit and I have my birthday coming up w/ family flying in from a different state. By the way, I recently graduated middle school and I am officially a freshman! It's crazier than it sounds and I can not believe it! Besides my hectic life, I've also kind of moved away from Teen Wolf. The second half of Season Five was a hit-and-miss for me and I don't know if I'll be watching Season Six, which kind of puts the Pretty Reckless series in dangerous waters. I can assure you guys that I will be finishing this book and will be writing a season four book, but I'm not sure where I'll be going from there.

⁓ ⁓ ⁓ ⁓ ⁓ ⁓ ⁓ ⁓ ⁓ ⁓ ⁓ ⁓ ⁓ ⁓ ⁓ ⁓ 

CHAPTER NINETEEN

     SCAR OF DARKNESS 

     "Are you here for Ms. Morrell?"

     Stiles and Clara both anxiously stared at Danielle, the student currently sitting in the guidance counselor's office. After Clara was able to recover Stiles from his very frightening panic attack, both teenagers hurried throughout the building in search of the school therapist. But when they busted into her office, instead of finding Morrell, they found Danielle. The brunette couldn't exactly place her finger on why Morrell was so caught up with the Alpha drama that was circling around in Beacon Hills, but she seems to know a lot more than she lets on. Lydia had joined them on their search, also eagerly looking for her former counselor. 

     Danielle cocked her head to the side, annoyed, "No, I thought this was gym class."

     Clara rose her brows at the girl, "Listen, I don't know what side of the bed you woke up on, Oscar the Grouch, but I really don't appreciate the sass. Do you know where she is?"

     "If I did, I wouldn't be waiting here for 20 minutes!" exclaimed Danielle, flailing her arms to the side, "So how about you three back out the door and wait your turn?"

     "We're not here for a session." Lydia snapped, looking around the room as if Morrell was simply hiding under her desk, or behind the ugly fake plant in the corner.

     "Well, I am! And I've got some serious issues to work on."

     "I think we can all see that!" said the teenage werewolf.

     Stiles broke up the girl fight that was about to happened between the two, "Hey, wait, wait. You're Danielle. You're Heather's best friend!"

     "I was Heather's best friend." replied Danielle, whose head was hanging low now, "We've been working on that issue three times a week."

     The strawberry blonde's eyes suddenly widened, "Hold on, did you say Ms. Morrell's 20 minutes late?"

     Danielle nodded, "And I don't know why either. She's always on time."

     Clara bit her lip, rapidly tapping her foot against the tile floor. "Then she's not late, she's missing. What if we're not the only ones who think she knows something? Something must have happened to her, or someone must have got to her."

     "Then I want to know what she knows." Stiles responded, before walking around the desk and opening one of the cabinets, shuffling through papers and files. Clara was all for breaking the law for the greater good, which was also something Stiles would agree with.