23 | bleeding out

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Not Edited. 

  •      •      •      •      •      •      •      •      •      •      •      •      •      •      •  

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE;

     BLEEDING OUT

     "Your Dad told me you had another nightmare last night."

     Stiles closed his eyes and sighed in annoyance, silently wishing that his dad and Clara were as close. Those two were constantly worrying about him, ever since the surrogate sacrifice. He continuously told both of them that he was fine, that this pattern of sporadic nightmares was not a big deal. But he wasn't fooling either one of them. Clara rose her eyebrows and glanced at him, before returning her eyes back to the road, tightening her grip on the steering wheel, "You wanna willing tell me about it, or do I have to hit it out of you." Despite that fact that her tone was light-hearted, there was a thick lace of concern drifting into her words.

     The boy rubbed his face and tapped his foot against the floor, "I-I don't know, it was like   ― a dream within a dream. I was at the grove of the Nemeton then I was at school. You were there and so was Scott, and ―"

     "Wait, hang on, I was in your dream?" questioned Clara.

     Stiles blushed, embarrassed. "Yeah, twice. You were at the school with me and Scott, and at first, you were in my bed ―" He's breath hitched, now processing what he had just said. A warm flush rose onto Clara's face as both of them fell into an awkward silence. It looked like Clara wasn't the only one who had a elusive dream. Except, Clara's dream was rather hot and sweaty, while Stiles' was a whirlwind of terror and torture. Stiles cleared his throat. "Um, anyway, besides my hellish night, how did your night go?"

     Her mouth moved, unable to form anything. Her throat tightened, as she stuttered out jumbles of words. "I-It was, um, energetic."

     At that very moment, the Beacon Hills High School building came into view. Clara carefully pulled into the parking lot and got out, hoping that the conversation of dreams would forever be gone. The two teenagers grabbed their book bags and hopped out the car, quietly walking together through the lot. A crowd of students were scattered around the outside of the building, the fervent sun shining done on them and spreading warmth. 

     Honestly, Clara thanked the man up in the sky for granting her a day filled with good weather. Ever since this morning, she hasn't been feeling good; her head felt foggy and heavy, while her body ached of intense soreness. And no, it wasn't, because of a certain dream that took place last night. Not only did the dream about Stiles' stay focus on her mind, but it was also the flashback to the aftermath of her brother's death; the weeks of silence that Clara had, the grief that was drowning her mother, and how her father was fighting to keep his family together. She didn't want one of those dreams to happen again.

     "Clara." Stiles gently nudged Clara with his elbow. "What the hell is Scott doing?"

     The brunette furrowed her brows, before reluctantly spinning around and looked towards where Stiles' attention was directed. Their newly-turned Alpha was frantically walking backwards down the stone stairs, as if he was running away from the shadow that the sunlight had created. When Clara focused all of her heightened senses onto her panicked best friend, she could hear the deadly rapidness of his heartbeat and the anxiety-laced heaves of air blowing out of his mouth. 

     When Scott got close enough, Clara strode towards him and grabbed him by the shoulders, bringing him out of his whirl of misgivings. "Whoa, slow down there, tiger!" She calmly said to him, reluctantly releasing her soft grip on him. Stiles followed pursuit and stood by Clara's side, sharing the same look of concern. "You don't look alright, Scott."