13 | pawns

| disclaimer |

So, I wanted to take this time to explain some things to you guys. I don't want any confusion so please, just get comfy and read. Basically, I want to summarize Clara's thought process in Chapter Eleven. So, even though she spent four months on her "journey to redemption", Clara is still terrified at the idea of love and believes that love will cause her heart break, causing her not to be with Derek or Stiles or anyone else. She also still blames herself for her parent's death but has learned to accept and cope with that fact and also learned how to live her life while dealing with that pain. At the end of the chapter, Stiles makes a promise to himself that he will make Clara believe that she is not at fault for her parents being murdered. I'm sorry if the chapter was confusing but here it is, summarized for you.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

        PAWNS

"Why are we talking to Ethan?"

When Clara arrived at school after leaving Allison's apartment, Stiles and Scott were quick to whip her away and take her on their mission. Lydia was distracting Aiden and Clara could only imagine that "distracting" involved them being alone in Coach's office and playing tonsil hockey. Scott had this theory that the Darach was once the Alphas's emissaries. Clara didn't think it was a far fetched idea but her mind started to wander to Morell, who was the only living emissaries of their all star pack. When Clara and the two others finally found Ethan, they corner him at the top of the stairs. 

Scott was standing aside to Ethan while Stiles and Clara were standing side-by-side, leaning against the railing. The Alpha glanced between the three. "Why are you even talking to me? I helped kill your friend. How do you know I'm not gonna kill another one?" Clara felt Stiles go rigid once Ethan's eyes locked onto him.

"Is he looking at me? Are you threatening me?" Stiles angrily questioned, looking at his two best friends for confirmation. Clara's eyes widened as her mouth tried to speak, knowing that Stiles was about to blow a fuse. "You know what I'm gonna do? I'm going to break off an extra large branch of Mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe, and shove it up your freaking-"

Both teen wolves placed a hand on Stiles' arm, reeling him back from his small explosion. The last thing Stiles wanted to do was pick a fight with a werewolf, let alone an alpha. "Whoa, Stiles, okay. We get it." Scott give him a tight lipped smile and a pat on the shoulder before returning his attention over to Ethan. "We're talking to you because I know that you didn't want to kill Boyd. And I think that if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again."

Ethan tensed up slightly, his voice shaky. "You don't know what we owe them, especially Deucalion. We weren't like Kali and Ennis when we met him. We weren't alphas."

Scott narrowed his curious eyes. "Then what were you?"

"Omegas."

Clara could now predict how him and Aiden's story went. Omegas were lone wolves and tended not to last long without a pack. But most packs will allow omegas to join but will treat them unfairness and brutality. Her family was sort of like a pack, her parents being the alphas while her and her brother were betas. But there was no rules or regulations or rights of passages, they were just a simple werewolf family who were good at covering who they were.

He huffed again, crossing his arms as his body shifted. It was obvious that he was uncomfortable about discussing him and his brothers' past. "In actual wolf packs, omegas are the scapegoat, the last to eat, the one who has to take the abuse from the rest of the pack."

"So you and Hercules were the bitches of the pack?" Clara remarked emotionless, her sharp glare being focused on the Alpha in front of her. She wasn't scared at him or the other Alphas but she did feel vengeful and anger which seems to push her boldness off the scale.