22. Bells

~Calum's P.OV~
I sigh and sit up getting out of bed. Shit. It's fucking today. I stretch and scratch the back of my neck. I suppose I should look somewhat ready for this. I look up rubbing my eyes sleepily to see a shaking Michael who stood with his tail between his legs letting out small barely audible whimpers. It's the first time I've seen him in days and he looks so much worse. There were bruises on his knees, his beautiful and delicate body, weak as though all the life was being sucked from him. "Baby shh I'm sorry I let them take you.. But I have to do this okay? I'm so sorry baby." I try to reassure him as he slowly steps over to me. "Still can't talk then darling? It's alright I don't need you to help just sit down that's all I want from you." He hesitantly climbs on the bed letting out a small yawn. I smile at his adorable sleepy face as he pads at the bed around him. "Baby what's that?" I say frowning at the way he's been put in chains like some sort of slave. He snaps his head back up gently lifting his leg onto my chest showing off the tag around his ankle. "Aw baby do they think they own you?" I smile and snap the tag off his ankle, watching him smile. "My little Mikey okay? No one is taking you away after this stupid day we're gonna be safe I promise you no one will ever raise a hand to you again." I gently run my hand through his messy hair, scratching behind his ears making his smile grow wider. "That's my pretty little one." I sigh and walk over to my wardrobe taking the suit that's hanging on the back of the door. I pull the shirt on leaving it hanging open as I hop into the trousers pulling them up as I tighten the belt round my waist when I hear Michael whining. "Baby what's wrong are you hurt?" I turn to look at him who is bouncing a little on the bed reaching out his cute stubby baby hands. I walk over to him and pick him up. "What my little fussy bum?" I chuckle as he smiles brightly, snuggling into my chest just as I feel comfortable holding him he squirms down from my grip. I frown a little before he starts buttoning up my shirt making me relax as his hands brush across my body. He smiles a little while tucking my shirt in before climbing on the bed to reach while he puts the bow tie around my neck before pulling on both sides, whimpering a little. God he's so cute even if he can't talk. "What is it baby? Do you not know how to do it? It's okay sweetie you don't need to do anything okay?" He nodded and plopped back down swinging his legs a little as he watches me finish getting ready before hopping up. Before I can respond he darts out the room leaving me alone with my thoughts. Well shit maybe I can't help him why do I give him false hope when I know either way he's gonna get hurt. My precious little baby Mikey I never thought I'd be thinking bout this but... Ugh Calum stop it!

Here I am waiting for my bride. And she's late; fantastic. Everyone's eyes are on me as I stand at the top of the aisle but only one pair of beautiful green eyes matter to me. Michael was standing at the back of the hall along with other servants from around the palace. He was so beautiful it wasn't hard to spot him. But it saddened me to see him still in chains. I turned to my right to look at Ashton who just shrugged.  My father puts his arm around my shoulders pulling my gaze away from Michael and the other guests as I shuffle my feet on the red carpet that was laid out to match the wedding colours. It makes me want to puke maybe there's one thing I could do but my father would never make things that easy for me. So I guess I'm stuck.

The chills shudder up my spine as the hall doors open. Here we go. Ashton takes his position beside me as my father takes a seat on his throne perfect view of everything that is about to go down. Ashton leans into me his words softly reaching my ears "On the bright side you look amazing." I laugh a little and hang my head nodding, "It's a shame it isn't for someone else though" "Calum what are thinking? Are you serious right now?" I brush off Ashton panic as I turn towards Alexandria who takes her place across from me. I try to hide my frown as she sends a smug look across the hall and I don't need to follow her gaze to know it's aimed at my little ball of fluff. We exchange a few words, it's my goal to get this over quickly but I know she's enjoying our misery. Maybe not for long. I smirk a little as the rings are brought up to us. Without another thought I hit the rings away hearing them scatter across the marble floor. My sudden out burst gains a few shocked reactions from everyone present. What? Did they think I actually wanted this? That's cute. I go to push my way past and out the hall only to turn back at the booming voice of my father "Calum walk out this hall and you're done. I'll take care of it myself" I groan and turn to look at them the anger fuming from Alexandria as we all stare at each other. "Calum what are you doing this is how things have to go!?" Alexandria whines like the bitch she is. The blackness engulfs my eyes before a glance back at Michael who is clearly traumatised from this whole experience a small smirk appearing on my face. "You can't make me do this. And you're just terrified I'll break the seal." "Why Calum!? So you're just gonna wander about alone and weak as you are for eternity." "You're wrong I have someone who makes me feel so weak but they bring out my true strength." I look around at all the eyes on me when I catch Ashton the worry clear on his face as I open up to everything on my mind as I slowly open my mouth.

"I love Michael."

// there we have it Calum finally stood up for his own feelings 😊 But I'm afraid the story is finally over thanks everyone who stuck with it but is it really the end of Michael and Calum's story?? 😜