Chapter 1- Gunshot

Hey guys!  This is who I think of when I think of lily!;) this is the first chapter of my new book, and I want to give a shout out to my friend dani wolf, who is my co- editor, and we hope that you like this! We want at least 5 comments before we post chapter 2! Love y'all!!! :3

       I walk down the hall towards my father's study, when I hear him yelling from inside: "WHY THE FUCKING HELL DID YOU LET HIM LOOSE?!?!?" I heard my father yell from inside, and I knew someone was about to get it. I heard someone mumble a answer, but my father kept yelling. FUCK THAT! YOU KNOW WHY HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN KILLED! BUT NO! YOU JUST LET HIM GET AWAY!!!

     I stood there, not breathing, knowing something bad was about to happen. The person answered again, then I heard a crash, and a strangled yell, then another big crash. I was starting to get worried; should I knock, or should I wait, because my father hates to be interrupted when someone is in his office. He has drilled that into me, my sister, and my 3 brother's brains for as long as I can remember, and if we DID interrupt him, he severely punished us.

     I was still off in La la land, when I heard a gunshot come from my father's office, and my heart froze, knowing that my dad just killed a man. I slowly backed away, even though this happens all the time, I am still not used to it. Suddenly, the door flies open, and my father stands there, looking pissed off. But when he sees me cowering there, his face softens, and he looks apologetic. "Did you hear my conversation again Lily?" He asks, frowning. "Yes sir" I say, nodding my head. I feel a tear trickle down my cheek, and I know my dad sees it to, because he suddenly opens his arms, knowing that I am very sensitive to this stuff. "Come here" he says.

     I throw myself into his arms, and start sobbing. "Why do you have to do this daddy?" I say, looking up at him thru tears. "You know why.. I can't have people disobeying me. You, your sister, and your brothers know this." He says softly, rubbing my back. I sniffle, and my father grabs a handkerchief out of his suit pocket. "Here, blow." He says, and I obey him, blowing my nose. He lowers himself,that I am looking down at him. "I have to provide for our family" my father said, looking me straight in the eyes.

     "We all know that it has been hard since mother died, and I can see it has taken its toll on you daddy.." I say, tears welling up in my eyes. My dad pulls me close again, and I cling to him. When he pulls away, I try and wipe my eyes, and my father stands up, towering over me. I am only 5'4, but my dad is 6'2, so I always feel petite. The same goes for my brothers, all taller than me, always picking on me because of my size. "How about you go and get dressed for the party tonight, ok?" My dad says, giving my hands a gentle squeeze.

         "Ok, which dress do you want me to wear?" I ask, hoping to get a few  more minutes with him.  He furrowed his brow. "How about the black floor- length dress I bought you? That would look nice for our guests." My father said, smiling down at me. "Ok, I will go put it on, and do you want me to get you anything while I am down here?" I ask. "Yea, go get Immanuel and Gerri, and tell them to come to my office." My father said, then gave me a quick hug. "Also go get your brothers and tell them to get ready also, ok?" He asked, and I nodded, then turned, and walked back down the hallway to go find Gerri and Immanuel.

----a/n--- hey guys! How did you like that first chapter? Thank you so much for reading my book, it means a lot to me, so thank you!:)