Chapter 10: Serenity

- Kai -
"So what do you guys want to do?" I asked. Everyone was awkwardly silent. "Okay I understand that we were almost killed by a daemon spirit and almost transported to the underworld, but we need to do something to calm our nerves." I said. "How about we play a board game?" Whitney asked. "Okay, what board games do you guys have?" I asked. "Wait I have a better idea!" Whitney screamed. She floated out of the room, we followed her into the main room of the library. She opened a shelf from a cabinet and came back with books and markers. "Here it is." Whitney said. I passed everyone a book and a marker. The pages in the book were blank. "What are we supposed to do with a blank book and a marker?" Jack asked. "Well these aren't any ordinary books and markers, they are enchanted to have anything you write or draw come off the page, you can then send it anywhere you want the words or the drawings to go." Whitney said. "Try it!" She added. Alexis pulled a chair and sat down, she began to draw what appeared to be sheet music. When she finished the lines stayed on but the notes lifted up and began to play. The melody was soft and soothing. "What song is that?" Jack asked. "It's just a little something I've been working on, it's not finished yet." Alexis said. "It sounds better when I play it on my violin." She said. "You play the violin?" I asked. "Yeah but I'm not as good as Jackson is on the piano." Alexis said. "Please, you are one million times better than me." Jack harped. Suddenly a black and white butterfly caught our attention. It landed on Richards nose. "Who drew the butterfly?" Rich asked. "I did!" Zach said. "You know I don't like bugs unless they are a certain difference away from me!" Richard yelled. "Here let me get it for you." Zach said as he reached for the butterfly. It crawled off of Richard's nose and onto Zach's finger. "See there harmless." Zach said. The butterfly began to fly again and disappeared into the other room. "Does anybody have the time?" Lily asked. "As a matter a fact I do." A voice from behind me said. "It appears to be past all of your curfews." Headmaster Evermore said. "Now would somebody like to tell me who opened this door." He said. I raised my hand slowly. "Impressive Mr. Crescent, that door hasn't been open in ages." He said ecstatically. "Since it is your first day you get a warning, but for the rest of you, you will all wake upon 6:00 and clean this library from top to bottom." He said. "Now run along." He directed us all to the door and back into the hall of trees. "Goodnight everyone!" I said. "GOODNIGHT!" They shouted back. Jack opened the door and walked in as I followed. "Goodnight Jack." I said as I crawled into my bed. "Goodnight Kai." He returned. After today I needed sleep but after all. Today was a good day....
•••
•••
•••
~Dreamscape~
The water was flowing down the river. I was in my back yard. The sky was pale and the clouds were bright. The world was in black and white. The woods were there calling me in. The twisted branches looked beautiful as the light shown through them. There was a path leading through the wood. Rocks aligned the path sides. I followed the path. There were puddles of water and toads jumping across. The air was cool and smelled fresh. The path let to a circle surrounded by colored stones. There was red, pale blue, orange, lavender, Mint green, Purple, and sea foam green. And in the middle of the circle, a simple rose bud. Then suddenly a figure appeared behind the trees. The figure was as white and as radiant as the moon. She stood in front of the rosebud and helped it grow. She was so bright I couldn't see her face. The Rose began to bloom. It was a deep Royal blue. The white figure began to reach into the center and pulled out a necklace. It was the shape of a white wolfs head with blue sapphires for eyes. The figure handed the necklace to me. "Keep this safe and return it to her." The beautiful figure said. She then vanished, just like that she was gone, like nothing happened. I looked at the necklace and put it in my pocket. I took the Rose in my hand. It began to beep. I dropped the Rose, the beeping got louder and louder.....
~Alarm~
I woke up with a shock. I got out of bed, but when I did two things fell. A wolf necklace, and a blue Rose.