Chapter 2: Distance

A.N sorry this is short this is part one to part two. If that makes any sense and sorry for the long wait. I will begin to write again as soon as I can :)

~Kai~
I grabbed my bags and walked outside. The breeze was cool against my face, the air smelled as fresh as a cut lemon. "Don't forget your scarf!" My dad yelled. I ran back inside and retrieved it from the coat rack. "Is everything you own now red?" My dad asked. "Well it is my favorite color." I explained. We heard honking coming from the front yard. "Looks like your bus is here." Dad said. We stepped outside together this time. The bus driver honking again to signify that he wanted me to hurry up. I turned around and hugged my dad. "I'm gonna miss you Dad." I said. I have never parted from my father ever since mom died. "Don't worry Kai, you're going to be just fine. There is nothing to be afraid of." He said to me.
The bus driver honked again along with his raspy voice yelling "Will you please hurry up I haven't got all day!" I parted my hug and made my way to the long black bus. Before I entered I turned around and yelled "Bye Dad I love you." He waved his hand and said "Goodbye Kai, I love you too." The bus door closed separating me from the outside world. "So, where are ya headed mate." The bus driver said. His breath smelled like alcohol and cigarettes. "To Big Ben sir. How long will it take to get there?" I asked. "About and hour, now go and find a seat." He said and he took out his flask. I turned only to find out that I was the only on the bus. I started to walk down the aisle until the driver decided to slam the brakes. I fell face first, I got up and sat down and rested my now aching face against the seat. The bus had began to move more calmly than a few moments ago. I looked out of the window to see fog cover most of the streets and houses. I closed my eyes and relaxed to try to ease of the pain now rushing to my now pulsing forehead. My mother had once told me, if you are wounded try to count the pain away, given I was only about five I tried it out anyway. "1..." I began "2..., 3....., 4......
5.....
6...

7...

8...

9...

                         ... 10

•.                             •                               •