Chapter 18: Midnight

~Kai~
I looked at my watch, 8:00 it read. Time for the dance to start. I walked outside into the hall of trees. I could see bloom standing underneath the leaves falling over her. She wore a blue dress that was a little below her knees. She had brown leather boots and leggings that resemble trees. Her blue dress was covered in crescent moons and tribal beads and shells around her waist. She wore her locket and wore the blue rose in her hair. She was beautiful. "Hey, you look amazing." I said. "Thanks, you look amazing too." She said. "So..." I said. "So..." She said back. There was an awkward silence. I stared into her eyes, hazel and bright. "So do you know where the dance is?" She asked. "No clue." I said. Whitney and Lily had walked out of Bloom's dorm room. Whitney wore a red, black, and white dress with many patterns that resembled a big top tent. Her skirt was black with white ghost on them, her sheer over shirt tattered. The top of her dress was black and had a red spiderweb design on it. Lily's dress was an ombré from white to Sea foam green. She wore leather strapped sandals covered in sea shells. Her dress was also a little below her knees, her skirt had Ruffles and an overskirt of rope to look like a fishnet. The bodes had waves in a light blue. They all looked amazing but none as amazing as Bloom. "Hey guys!" Whitney yelled. Bloom and I waved hi back, still awkward silence. "Do you know where the dance is?" I asked. "It's in the ball room, follow me." Whitney said. We stepped away from the trees and opened a golden door next to the garden door. "Welcome to the ball room." Whitney had said. The ball room was huge. It was adorned with white columns and a golden chandelier. The floor was a marble textile with white and gold accents. Everybody else was in the room. There was a girl on the stage playing music. "Who's that on the stage?" Bloom asked. "That Fiona's friend Kandi." Whitney said. My phone vibrated, "Freak Update - Kandi Graves. Age 15. Freak Type: Banshee." It read. "Oh that's why you needed to do a seance." I said. She nodded and went off to go mingle with the others. They were dancing except for Alexis, I guess she got tired. Bloom and I just stood there, I could seance that she was nervous about something because her eyes began to glow. "Are you okay?" I asked her. "I'm fine, it's just that....well... I have never been to a dance before. I don't even know how to dance in the first place." She said. I guess I'm not the only one. "It's okay, I don't know how to dance either." I explained. We tried to sit down but Whitney and Lily pulled us into the group of now dancing students. Great. Bloom and I just stood there not knowing what to do."What wrong, dance with each other." Whitney whispered to me. "We can't, we don't know how." I whispered back. "You don't need to know how to dance, just go with the beat." Whitney said as she departed again. The beat of the song was weird, it was fast. Everybody was dancing. I grabbed Blooms hand and said "What are we gonna do?". "I don't know." She said. We ran back and say back down, we were both a little embarrassed.

~Alexis~
Everybody was dancing, that made me feel nervous. Jack came back with punch, I needed something to help me cool down, I felt my fire burn a bit. "What's wrong? I can tell something is wrong." Jackson said. I couldn't bottle it up anymore, I need to tell Jack the truth. "Well number one, I can only dance ballet and number two, I'm afraid I might burn you." He held out his hand to me. "What are you doing?" I asked. "If I can trust you and be brave enough to ask you to the dance, I believe that you cannot people. Your heart is too beautiful and intelligent and kind to hurt anyone." Jackson said. I smiled a bit, and I felt myself blush. Slowly I lifted my hand up, my heart was beating fast. I was afraid, I know my fire would burn him. I closed my eyes and grabbed his hand. No reaction, no screaming. I opened my eyes slowly, he smiled at me. He wasn't getting burned, how. "You're not in pain." I said. "You know what happens to heat when you add ice to it right?" He said. I was confused. "The heat is no longer hot, it is warm." He said. I began to smile. It made sense after, he has ice powers, and I have fire. I was relieved knowing that I could hurt him at all. He pulled me out into the dance floor. I was scared that I would look like a fool while dancing.