Stealing Ideas

For fuck sake.

This one gets me so upset.

And I've seen it happen to several talented writers.

Let me explain. If you can't come up with your own good ideas for something... DON'T FUCKING STEAL SOMEONE ELSE'S AND HAVE THE GALL TO LIE ABOUT IT. JESUS MAN.

Whyyyy?

They put so much effort and dedication into it, and you're just gonna go and steal it and brand it your own?

Even if you draw inspiration from something, don't make it exactly alike. There are tons of books for the sole propose of you getting or literally, the writer letting you use their ideas.

So taking them isn't necessary.

And what's worse is when you confront them about it, and they deny it, or delete the book, or even curse you out.

See, ranting books like this one, or a facts, or quotes book is way different.

I'll explain.

With a ranting book, you can sorta take topics to rant about from anyone, but it's different because you have to use your own opinion and make them your own. The only way I would consider it copying is if you discuss the topic word-for-word. You can't really say someone's opinion is "copying".

Then again if all your topics come from one person without them knowing it, well... There's a problem there.

Now with the issue of a quotes or facts book, yes, there is indeed a way that you can copy words that are either your own, or the person you're copying them from.

If a person has a specific layout in which they display their facts or quotes or whatever, and you copy it the EXACT SAME WAY, you deserved to be called out on your shit.

This actually happened to someone here I know, and this update will be dedicated to her, even though she might not see it cause she's super busy.

She runs a books of quotes from a manga/anime called Fairy Tail (MY FAVORITE FUCKING ANIME EVER, but that's not important right now), and someone went and copied her exact format, in a book of over a hundred quotes.

Now, this may not seem like a big deal, especially to those of you who don't read manga or watch anime, but trust me it is.

There are legitimately so many chapters a manga could have, and the same goes for episodes in an anime.

So sometimes it's really hard to track down which character said what, in which episode/chapter in whichever story arc, in whatever season.

So it's A LOT of research.

So you can see why it'd be a pain in the ass for someone to come and leech off of your blood, sweat, and tears.

And even in a regular teen fiction story, it's not cool to steal someone's idea.

It takes a long time in the writing process to actually think of something good to publish on here.

And people take advantage of the fact that Wattpad is a really big place, using its depth to write their own slightly-varying version of someone else's work.

It's not cool man.

If you ever need inspiration for something, you can ask anyone that seems interested in the topic.

Overall, don't be an asshole.

How'd you feel if someone did that shit to you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH.
MY.
STARS.

HELLO EVERYONE. No I am not dead.

HOW'VE YOU BEAUTIES BEEN?

FOR HEAVEN SAKE I HAVENT UPDATED IN OVER A MONTH.

And I promised this wouldn't happen this update in the last one....

I feel like kicking myself in the ass.

I'm sorry guys, I've just been taking time off from writing...

I'm not even at home in New York. Been enjoying what's ever left of summer in Pennsylvania before school starts back up the ninth, and I start high school.

Am I rambling? Yes I'm rambling.

ANYWAY!

This is dedicated to fairytailfinatic  bc she's so rad and cool. And I appreciate her hard work and effort in her quotes book. Also I'm sorry that this has happened to her.

AND FINALLLLYYYY

WPP IS ALMOST AT 3K WHOOP WHOOP! THANKS TO YOU ALL THATVE BEEN READING FROM DAY ONE AND TO THOSE WHO'VE JUST STARTED. I love you guys. Seriously. You make me so happy.

Until next time chicken wings #ChickenWingPride,
~K
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Fun Fact: If you're reading this, you're incredibly awesome, and beautiful, and I hope you'll live a life of wonders.