Chapter 21: Moving in

Hiccup's POV

The sound of loud knocking woke me from my slumber. I let out a groan as I buried my head in the pillow, hoping whoever it was would go away. When the knocking continued, Toothless growled at me to get up.

I complied and rolled out of bed before slowly making my way down the stairs, letting out the occasional yawn on my way down . As I opened the front door, I was blinded by the bright sunlight that shone directly into my eyes, making me pinch the bridge of my nose until my sight went back to normal.

I blinked and was surprised to see a familiar blue eyed blonde in front of me.

"Morning, babe!" Astrid chanted as she pushed past me and skipped into the house, acting unusually chipper.

"What are you doing here so early?" I yawned as I stretched my limbs.

Astrid moved a few baskets to the bottom of the stairs. "Well, after you told me that I could move in whenever I wanted during our walk back home last night, I began thinking and the result is right in front of you!"

"So you're moving in? That's great!" I tried to crack a smile, but found that my face muscles had decided to defy me.

"You can go back to bed if you want, I'll just pack out my stuff" She smiled as she opened one of the baskets she had brought.

"I won't be able to go back to sleep now that I'm already up, so I'll just go get ready instead" I placed a quick kiss on her cheek before making my way up the stairs.

Astrid's POV

"So..." Hiccup began, stuffing breakfast down his throat. "What are you going to do know that you've finished unpacking?"

I shrugged as I hung up one of my axes. "I don't know, I guess I'll just swing by the academy to hang out with the gang or something"

"Huh," Hiccup began. "I suppose I'll see you later then?"

My lips bent up into a smile as I walked over to him and pressed a kiss onto his cheek. "I suppose you will"

"Have fun, and don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Hiccup teased, earning a light punch in the shoulder from me.

"Ha ha, very funny. Bye to you too, Toothless!" I waved at the dragon slurping down his breakfast as I waltzed out the door and over to Stormfly's new stable.

As we landed at the academy, we found the rest of the gang waiting for us. I jumped off Stormfly and walked over to the circle they were sitting in.

"Hi Astrid" They all greeted in unison.

"Hey" I replied.

"So... are you going to tell us why you were at Hiccup's house in the early hours of the morning?" Ruffnut winked as nudged me with her elbow.

I sighed and crossed my arms. "I moved in"

"Wait, WHAT?" Snotlout exclaimed, standing up from his sitting position.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Calm down, we got engaged last night"

"Really? Gods, I'm so excited for you guys!" Fishlegs shrieked as his shoulders sunk like he had just had a heavy weight lifted off them.

"Thank you, I would say we're pretty excited too, aren't we, Astrid?" A familiar voice spoke as he landed in the arena on his night fury.

"Hiccup, What are you doing here? I thought you had work" I asked my new fiancé as he made his way over to the circle.