Chapter 23

~ Jason's POV ~
(A week later)

I had the gang go and investigate the warehouse that Payley told us about. They found a few weapons and a black corvette but nobody was there. They planted the tracker just in case they used the vehicle that was left in there.

Sophia hasn't forgiven me from when I mistaken her as Ella. What makes me very uncomfortable is she's been staying with Griffen.

****

I had just got off the phone with Beckett when I walked into the living room to find Sophia and Griffen talking on the couch. When I got close enough to hear them they stood up and around to find me standing there.

"Ask him." Griffen said look at Sophia, who looked a bit nervous.

"Can I talk to Payley?"

That was unexpected...

"Why do you wanna do that?" I asked curiously.

"Well.. I've kinda been in her shoes and I haven't talked to any of my friends lately." She looked to the ground then back at me.

"That still doesn't make since. How does that explain why you need to talk to her?" I crossed my arms.

"Maybe because since you took my friend's phones away and mine we can't contact each other. I'm basically a prisoner again so why can't a prisoner talk to another prisoner?" Sophia was getting annoyed, I could tell.

"Payley is dangerous Sophia. Ive told you that more then once!" I sighed as I turned around and started to walked out of the room.

"What if I make a deal with you? I get to talk to Payley then I'll forgive you."

I stopped in my tracks and looked back at her. "Sophia. You forgiving me isn't as important if it means you could get hurt."

"Jason how can I get hurt when she's tied down?"

"She has a point Jason." Griffen said.

"I don't need to hear anything from you Griffen." I growled leaving the room completely.

****

~ Sophia's POV ~

Looks like we're doing this the hard way.

"Its game on."

"Haha. How are you gonna get in there? He's difficult to get past."

"Oh, you'll see." I smirked. "But for now lets get something to eat before Beck gets back with our game system."

We'd been sitting in the kitchen for a while after we ate when Beck walked in.

"I got what you ordered Ms. Tatum." Beckett said as he started laughing.

"Well I didn't exactly order you to do it. You offered when I said something about the game system."

"Anyway I'll go set it up in the living room."

"So what should we play first Soph?"

"Hmm. Can you dance Griffen?" I asked throwing my plate in the trash.

"Possible. Why? Are you challenge me?"

"There's a possibility."

"Bring it Tatum."

I threw in the game and brought up the list on songs to dance to.

"You pick the song first Grif." I said smirking.

"Let's do "Yeah" by Usher."

I nodded and picked his song. The dance was pretty simple and we were close to a tie but Griffen won on that round.

"Not bad!"

When it was my turn to pick the song, I decided to go with "She Bad" by Cameron Dallas since they just did add it to the dance list.

"By the way I haven't danced to this one before."

In the beginning it was kinda like the other one. That was until we started getting to the chorus.

-Yeah, she might get ratchet
But she know, she bad though

She know, she bad though
She know, she bad
Monday thru Friday, she off in her zone
Come Friday night then she know that it's on
Call her girls and she rolling up
Hit the party, it's going up-

Our characters slowly made there ways closer until they were about a few inches away from each other.

- Shake that, work that, move that, yeah
She a good girl, but you know she bad though-

Following the moves I turned my back so I was up against Griffen's chest as he put his hands on my hips. I began to move my hips to the rhythm like the dancer did.

- One time, two time, she can, oh, yeah
She a good girl, but you know she bad though -

We both started laugh until I bent down and had to do this weird hair flip.

- Daddy's all delusional
Upscales her usual
Bad chick from the valley
Need cash to be suitable
Yeah, yeah, he keeps her lavish but
He don't know her habits 'cause
She li...-

Our attention was taken from the screen when we heard a door slam hard.

Jason!

We finished the dance then I spoke up about my new plan.

"Can you keep a look out for Jason while I go in and see Payley?" I asked turning down the volume on the tv.

"Ooor! We both go in so i can make sure you're safe and Beck keep watch."

"Sure. Just as long as someones watching."

I looked for Beckett and told him the plan and why I was wanting to talk with Payley. He agreed and watched over the security cameras.

When we walked into the room there she sat just like I was at one time...

But she had more cuts and bruises then me.

-----

Like & Comment ☺

Published: September 12, 2015