Chapter 22

~ Jason's POV ~
I yelling at Payley for hours and hours so I finally called it a night and headed for the kitchen. I took out a bottle of Fireball and grabbed a shot glass. When I had taken a few I grabbed a brown bottle out of the fridge not paying attention to what brand. After I got it all down I headed for bed. On my way there I stumbled a bit as I tried remember what I had done that day.

The door to the bedroom was locked. I yelled at Sophia to open the door. After pounding on it for a minute or so and Sophia yelling stuff back that pi**ed me off more I grabbed a lock picker to open it. When I walked in I didn't see her. I walked straight for the closet.

After moving some clothes I found her but it wasn't Sophia... Ella was hiding in the corner like she always did when I was mad or drunk.

I threw her on the bed and got on top of her. I don't really remember most of it cause it all went to fast. She yelled for the guyes and they came in. One taking me and the other taking her out of the room. All I heard was someone say. "Ella.... dead... Sophia." Before I felt my eye lids flutter shut. The last thing I seen was Sophia being carried away with tears in her eyes.

---

I woke up to a head ache. Dang what did I do last night. The memories of Sophia flash in mind. The events from the night before were similar to the ones from right before Ella's life was ended. How did I get them confused? A knock on the door dragged me out of my thoughts. I stood up slowly and walked to the closed door.

"How are you feeling?" Beckett asked. He must of been up for a while cause he was already dressed for the day.

"Um... Fine I guess. H-how's Sophia doing?" I asked nervously.

"A few cuts and bruises. Griffen helped clean her up this morning and said she went back to bed. She was feeling queazy."

"Oh." I looked down. "What time is it?"

"One"

"In the afternoon?!"

"Yeah."

Wow I just wasted half of my day. "Well I'll be ready in a few and we can work with Payley some more."

Beckett nodded before I shut the door. Sighing I grab some clothes for the day and head back to the room were Beckett is already.

"Tell us were he is Payley!" He glared at her.

"Pssh. He'll kick all of your a**es when he finds this location."

"Im sorry Sweetcheek but your so called 'man' isn't coming. He passed you up for his brother."

"He wouldn't have." She glared.

"Listen to this. He sent one of his boys after someone close to us that isn't even a part of the gang. And that guy's name is Elliot. Name ring a bell?" I crossed my arms as I got closer to her as I spoke.

"Yeah, I've met the dude a few times. So what."

"Well your 'loving and caring boyfriend' hasn't tried anything to get him back. Elliot's one of his closest gang members."

"Pshh. Why should I believe you."

"Oh really?!?" Beckett said pulling out his phone. "How does this look. This was him a few days ago before he got asked for answers. He's still with our gang now. He just looks a bit more beat up. And you. Ha. You're gonna get it bad too if you don't tell us... Where is Asher?!?!?!"

"I still don't see why I should tell you. He wouldn't ditch me for Max. That's not even his real brother."

Wait what?!

"What are you talking about?" Beck asked taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Really?! You guys didn't know? Ha. Max and Asher aren't related. Asher said he lost his family in a shoot out. His brothers, sister and parents. He has no one left but the gang. Duuh!!! Like everyone knows that."

"Woah. What? You're lying! They look so much like brothers."

"Sorry to break it to ya but its real. They're not related."

"Well anyway were are they?!" I asked bringing it back to the original subject.

"Can't say. Only cause I don't know."

"You know..." I bent over so I was directly in her face. "If you don't tell us. Things will get ugly."

"Im so scared." She said sarcastically as she spit on me.

That was my last straw. I pushed her chair down and grabbed a wash rag. Throwing it over her mouth I began to pour water on it.

She tried to scream but only choked more. I pulled the cloth off her face and looked down at her annoyed.

"Now that you know we're serious. Can you tell us were Asher is?!"

"Okay, okay. Last I talked with him they were at a new warehouse. One they've had since before I was with Asher. So maybe 5 years ago."

"Where is that?!"

"About 10 miles south of their new one that was burned down."

A smirk crept upon my face as I pulled my phone out and walked out the door.

~~~

Hey guys so Im starting school tomorrow, meaning my updating may get really messed up depending on time I can wrote + if I don't get writers block. (Which my updating hasn't been the best this summer.... but it will probably longer waits on updates..)
I have some of the next chapter wrote but not all btw.

Like & Comment ☺
Published: August 25th, 2015