Chapter Fourty Four: American Boy, Pinewood Girl

Ben led me to the spare room where a dust cover hung from the 6 foot long mirror that stood in the corner of the room with the sun shining down on it. Ben's hands released my eyes eyes and let them adjust to the spring sun that shone onto my emerald eyes. Once I left my Prince Charming's side, I walked over to dress cover and slowly unzipped it so it revealed an outfit. The outfit was super cute! It consisted of a white school-styled blouse with a grey knitted jumper on top. There was also a little black pleated skirt that would come to just above my knee. It was gorgeous!

I turned to face Ben and my little face lit up and Ben smiled softly "Do you like it?" He asked as he walked over to me slowly, taking hold of my hands and looked into my eyes.

My hands drowned in his and my eyes locked onto his and I nodded, "Ben, I love it."

He smiled wide and held me close "Alice helped me pick it" he giggled after he bent down to kiss my nose.

I chuckled and grinned "Well, our baby has excellent taste."

Ben nodded and as I said that, Baby Alice awoke from her nap gurgling. I smiled softly and lovingly at the sound. I walked over to the nursery, to see Alice trying to climb out of her crib. "What are you doing?" I gasped, looking at my baby. Her nappied-bottom sunk to her cot cover as she giggled and clapped her hands. "Alice Rose Cumberbatch" I gasped and she continued to giggle so I picked her up kissed her little face all over, what caused her to laugh more.

Whilst I stood playing with Alice, Benedict came in, looking flustered, "Claud, I've got to go."

My eyes left Alice and landed on Ben. His eyes were sad and his face dripped with disappointment. "W-what?" I asked confused.

"I-I need to go to America" he said sadly.

"B-but.. Why? When?" I asked again.

"Press reviews about Doctor Strange. I forgot I said I'd go." He sighed walking over to Alice and I and kissed us both on the heads. "It's only for 2 weeks" he sighed "I'll be home as soon as I can."

I looked down and my eyes lined with tears but I nodded "2 weeks. That's okay" I sniffled. "Even though, I start university on Monday so I'll have to bring Alice with me."

He nodded and looked down "The car is outside."

I tried hard not to cry and nodded "Go!" I said forcing a smile. "Just be safe and have fun"

Ben smiled slightly and nodded "Okay, I love you" he sighed softly and kissed me, treasuring the kiss before smoothing Alice's wild bed hair. He then kissed her cheek and then left.

My stomach dropped and I held Alice close "Just you and me now, baby" I sighed and kissed her forehead "I'm guessing you will be coming on the TV with me too." I smile softly and I took Alice to get changed in to a beautiful blue dress with white leggings. I combed her hair softly and then placed her in her walker whilst I got changed. I put on my outfit and slipped on black ballet pump shoes, before tying my hair into a pony tail. I rolled up my sleeves and checked the time- 12:00. I had an hour to get Alice's care bag ready as well as get her snacks for the show and get to the studio in time. This was going to be a fun rush around. I gathered my phone and keys together, before picking up Alice and placing her in her pram. I then gathered her favourite White Rabbit toy, that Grandma Wanda knitted her. I rummaged around for her dummies, bottles and nappies and then left, just before the clock struck 12:30. Now to get a taxi to Pinewood studios.

As I hurried along with Alice to the taxi bay, I ended up running into David Mitchell. "Woah, excuse me ma'am!" He jumped slightly as I nearly knocked him over and I froze.