Chapter Forty Seven: Him.

Hours had passed and I slowly came too. I awoke, feeling groggy and tired. My arms were weak, but not as weak as they were. I sighed and slowly pulled myself out of bed, but my mood was lifted when I heard my beautiful baby girl giggle. Alice's giggle was special and always made my blue days lighten. It was her magical power- Thor had super strength, Spider-Man had spider abilities, Superman had X-ray vision and my baby Alice had her adorable giggle. It was the best way to be awoken. I loved it so much, it was on par with Ben's butterfly kisses down my neck in the morning. Ben. Oh, how I missed him. He had been away for 10 hours and it had already felt like weeks. I needed him so much right now. Just for his words to comfort me and his kisses to please me. His hands to fall into mine and his fingers to twirl around mine. His eyes to gaze into mine and his scent to linger around my body. I needed my Ben. Instead I had Colin Furth, our family teddy, and Ben's robe. I slipped my arms into it and tied the cords around my waist and tucked Colin under my arm and shuffled down the stairs to see Alice and Tom.

Tom was sat trying to feed Alice her bottle, but because he kept smiling at her, she giggled and wouldn't take her bottle. Her hands clapped and her smile was wide. I stood in the doorway watching them both and Alice's eyes feel onto me and her giggle got more excited and turned into laughter. Tom turned his head and smiled wide at me "Hello, sweetie" he said softly, looking me up and down slightly, realising I was in my pyjamas. I smiled and sat down in the arm chair and I smiled at Alice and she giggled and then started taking her bottle perfectly. I yawned, bringing my knees up to my chin. Tom smiled softly and pointed to my phone that was buzzing on the oak coffee table, "It hasn't stopped buzzing." I looked confused and reached for my mobile device. I pressed the home button to see my usual lock screen of Benedict and Alice, was covered in notifications from Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook. Also not to mention endless Text Messages, iMessages and Missed Calls. Amanda, Martin, William, Adelaide, the future mother-in-law and Ben. I sighed, flicking through the messages. Somehow people knew about the break in. God knows how as Tom never tweets anything personal, and I hadn't told anyone else. This was one of the negative sides of being in the public eye- everyone knew everything, even before you knew. I scrolled through the messages, before eventually coming to the text, I dreaded the most yet, longed for. The one from my fiancé.

Ben:

My gorgeous girl, I am so sorry that any of this has happened. If only I stayed with you and Alice and went with you to WILTY, you would be safe and happy. I hope those thugs haven't hurt you. I am on my way home. You are more important than work, and Ellen will understand. I will be home as soon as I can. Tom will stay with you, my princess, until I get home. I love you oh so much, I love you so much. All my kisses are coming your way. Ben xoxoxoxo

My eyes filled with tears rapidly as I read that message, "Ben's coming home." I muttered quietly, looking at Tom, who was now holding a sleeping Alice. "Now?" Tom asked confused, looking over at me. I nodded "Yes, now. He messaged me four hours ago. He will be here any minute now." I say glancing at my phone and then back at the actor on sofa, holding my daughter. I sniffle slightly and I start to panic. Ben was going to go berserk when he found out I was hurt and that the men had gotten away scot-free. I looked at my wrists and I could feel my heart race.

"Clauds? Where are you?" A voice called through the halls as the front door closed. My face lit up slightly, recognising the voice. "It's Ben" I smiled softly towards Tom. Arising from my seat, I wrapped the robe around me a little bit more, before walking to the man who approached the living room door. I smiled up at him and he looked down at me. His hands reached for my face, cupping my cheek and kissing me for what seemed like forever. His arms, then wrapped around me protectively, as my head fell to his chest. "I', I am so sorry, I left you." Ben whispered as his chin rested carefully on the top my head. My hands rested carefully on his back and smiled slightly, "It's okay. Do not worry." He stepped back and held my hands and smiled. His fingers brushing over my engagement ring, slightly. He was happy. Very happy in fact, until he saw a glimpse of my bandages. His face grew heavy and sad, as he rolled the sleeves of the robe away from my hands. Tears lined this man's eyes. "C-Claudia? What happened?" He asked, keeping his focus on my wrists. "T-t-the men, t-t-they cut me." I stuttered, tripping over words along the way. I pulled my hands out of Ben's grasp, and cupped his face "B-But there was n-nothing anyone could h-have done t-to have s-s-stopped them. T-tom t-tried, trust m-me h-he did." I rubbed his cheek with my thumb and tried to smile. It didn't work. Tears slipped down my cheeks and Tom realised it was time to leave, so he slipped past us and left. Ben didn't twig Tom and sighed "I'll put Alice to bed and then we will talk."  Ben said quietly before taking Alice up. I placed a kiss on her forehead and then off she went to bed in Ben's arms. I could sense this was going to be a long and difficult conversation.