Chapter Twelve: You Will Be Famous One Day Trust Me

The date was 24th July 2015. I was graduating from my year apprenticeship. I had just been awarded Level 4 diploma in Special Needs Teaching. This was the highest level you could receive at apprenticeship level. I was near enough qualified to be a teacher and I had just turned 18. I couldn't believe it. We were having a graduating ceremony in the afternoon for family and friends so I was all dolled up. I had a smart black tight dress on that came to my knees. I wore black high heels. They must have been at least 6 inch heels but I felt like I was on top of the world. My hair was tied in to a bun with a few strands of hair curled down each side of my face. My make up was natural and thin as my skin was finally clear. My spots were gone, and my cheek bones were becoming more predominant. I had grown at least 2 inches over the past year and I had lost a lot of puppy fat as well. I finally felt happy about myself. I finally felt I was girlfriend material.

The ceremony was about to start and the guests were settling down, but one seat was empty. It had a sign with the word 'reserved' on the seat, but no on knew who it was for.

Everyone was handed a programme showing who was doing there speeches and collecting their reward and when. My name was at the bottom so I had to wait until the end to read my speech to my parents and many other parents of the other students.

Speeches after speeches, tears after tears, my turn was coming up. I slipped my thick black framed glassed onto my face and read my speech over and over to try and make sure I didn't make any mistakes. Jem was accepting her diploma in psychology and was sat next to me. "Claud, calm down you twit! You'll be fine! You deserve this more than anyone so stop reading that speech and breathe!" I looked at Jem and gave her a playful shove, "Fine!" I said and walked up to the podium and started to read my speech. I got halfway through the speech when the door at the back of the room creaked open and a tall, lean figure came walking briskly down to the front reserved seat. He looked at me whilst on the stage and winked at me. I turned to Jem and she sat smiling and shaking at the same time, whilst mouthing the words "Oh my god!" for me to mouth "W T F!!" I carried on the speech and looked directly into his eyes. "I've gained experience and skills I never thought I could achieve. This is amazing to know, I turned 18 only yesterday and I am now ready to go on and work in a school environment, living my dream. To help children the same way as people helped my brother and sister. This is my way in saying thank you to every single team member in the local special needs schools across Kent who have helped me and my family understand what is going on. Without your help, I wouldn't be the person I am today. So, like I've said many times, thank you so much! But I have one more thing to say" I noticed a camera that was live streaming the ceremony on to the college website & to ITV & BBC News. I looked right down the lens and said, "Just because you maybe not the most popular, you may not be the prettiest, the most intelligent & you may not be into things that civilization of today, would recommend you liking, doesn't mean you will not succeed! Look at me for instance. I am probably one of the biggest fangirls in Kent when it comes down to Doctor Who, Sherlock and British actors. I am not that intelligent. I'm smart, yes, but intelligence is more about showing and proving how smart you are. I'm a cluts, I'm one of the most complex people you'll meet but also very simple at the same time, but look at me, I've graduated! So if I can do it & all of these people can do it, anyone can be here giving this speech if they put their mind to it! Thank you." With that I bowed and was about to walk off the stage when I got a standing ovation! Everyone was applauding. I felt like I just won an Oscar and read a speech for that. I pushed my glasses back up my nose with my index finger and walked off the stage and down the steps, to sit with the other graduates. Jem was next with her speech as I sat listening but shaking. I had just given a speech to 400 people about how anyone can achieve anything. The best thing about it, everyone loved it.

The ceremony was over. Pictures were taken and I was all set to leave until I bumped into Ben. "Hey!" Ben said, "Hi" I said pushing my glasses on my face. "You look so different! I mean you looked beautiful when I saw you last but now you look, wow! So grown up!" I looked into Ben's eyes and smiled, "A good different?" I asked, "Of course. You look amazing. You look so professional and smart. You're no longer a little girl Claud. You're 18! When did that happen?! It only seemed like yesterday you were 16 & sitting in my cardigan!" I turned to him and said, "What this cardigan?" I pulled his cardigan out of my rucksack and put it on rolling the selves up to my elbows. "You've still got it!" "Of course I have! I always wear it!" Ben held my hand, interlocking our fingers and walked me out to the courtyard of the college and we sat on a wooden bench which was surrounded by flowers and different shrubbery. It was such a beautiful area of the college.