Chapter 10

The next day was one where all of Levi's special team of Survey Corps were to move out, along with Eren of course. He was to join us in a specially located area that was far away from everyone else. It was an old abandoned base that looked like a castle or a massive mansion. We were to stay there and keep Eren safe. Hanji was to continue her experiments on Sonny and Bean as well as switching to Eren at times as well to see what she could find. We were also to help him control the titan and if he then got out of hand and went on a rampage, we were to kill him.....

We had been riding for a while before we came close to our appointed base. It was the old Survey Corps HQ, an old castle that had been to be our base. However quite a while ago, due to it being so far away from civilisation and any food or drinking sources, we were quickly moved. We were walking through some trees and Oluo was beginning to act like a twit again as he explained to Eren about where we were to be stationed.
"It was used back when we were first formed and our spirits were still high. I never imagined we would be keeping you in that old decoration." He commented dryly. Eren looked shocked back towards Levi, but gave no remark. Petra rode beside him while I rode at the back. "Don't get ahead of yourself, recruit." Oluo warned, riding up right next to the boy.
"Excuse me?" Eren asked confused.
"You may be a Titan or whatever, but a prissy brat like you being under Corporal Levi's watch....." He was cut off when his horse lost its footing causing them both to jerk a bit and Oluo to bite his own tongue. Blood sprayed up shocking everyone else whilst I burst out laughing.

We arrived there quickly after that and dismounted our horses. Petra was chastising Oluo about how 'that's what he gets for yapping away' and I was next to her constantly laughing.
"First impressions are crucial." He informed her acting tough.
"Yeah and you sure left a great impression. Well done soldier." I teased him. He glared at me and chose to ignore my comment.
"That recruit was scared stiff." He tried defending himself.
"I think he was just surprised by how stupid you were." Petra argued back, speaking my thoughts.
"At any rate, everything went as planned." Oluo continued on. Choosing that moment to walk off, I wandered over to Levi and threw my arms around his neck. He stiffened before sighing and relaxing.
"Yes Rin?" He queried.
"What? A girl can't hug the guy she loves?" I demanded, acting offended. "Fine, I'll go hug Eren." With a huff, I turned around and began to walk away...... Only to be grabbed and pulled into Levi's strong arms.
"No you will not." He growled in my ear.
"Oh. Now you act like you want a hug." I grinned teasingly, knowing that he was easy to make get possessive. He made his classic 'tch' sound behind me but didn't let go. Easy to manipulate Levi...... very easy.

We made our way over to the entrance to the castle and saw Eld and Gunther. They were talking and we just so happened to hear it. Unfortunately.
"There are weeds everywhere." Gunther commented. "It's a mess."
"It's been a while after all." Eld sighed. "The inside's probably covered in dust."
"Now that's a problem we can't overlook." Levi spoke up. Oh dear, Mr OCD has taken over. "We'll get to work immediately." With that said, he ordered each and every one of us to get to work cleaning up the inside of the castle. Let me tell you this...... when he gets all OCD on us, it's a freaking nightmare! The slightest bit of dust or dirt and he acts like you've committed the biggest offense against him.

The cleaning up took hours and we were all exhausted by the end of it. Turns out Eren wasn't good at cleaning which seemed to annoy Levi and made me highly amused. Eren was to stay in the basement so if he did shift, then we could take care of him easily and quickly. Poor kid. I was ordered to stay with Levi, although I also had a bedroom to share with Petra if I ever wanted to sneak away. Everyone else had their own room and Petra and I could have had our own rooms easily, but we decided to stay together as then we could talk easily and relax from the threat of perverted guys. I had walked past and joined in an interesting conversation between Petra and Eren earlier about Levi.