A Day with my Lovely boys

I awoke to an empty bed this morning and a killer head ache. When I sat up I instantly became dizzy and put my hand on my head.

"Where...Peter?" I asked not opening my eyes. Peter never responded. I slowly opened my eyes to see a lifeless room. I groaned as I stood up and went outside the tree house. I heard Peter talking to the boys by the unlit bonfire. It seems pretty serious. Wonder what the meeting is about?

"MUMMY!!!"

"MOMMY!"

I heard before I was surrounded by my 4 little children who were hugging me.

"Don't yell please boys. Mummy has a very bad head ache." I informed them. They shushed each other and giggled quietly.

"What's a head ache?" My youngest boy, Evan who is 5 years old, asked.

"Its when your head hurts really really bad." I said as I picked him up and put him on my hip. Evan is really small for a 5 year old. He looks about 30in tall [2 and a half feet]. Evan said 'oh' and giggled. As I made my way down to the floor Peter was still talking to the boys and they cheered.

"Everyone eaten breakfast?!" I yelled at them and they responded with no. " Well go on then! Last one to the dining table only gets 2 pancakes!"

With that all the boys ran to the table as I laughed. I put Evan down and he ran over too.

"Morning love. How'd you sleep?" Peter greeted as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead.

"Good but when I woke up I had a massive head ache. I could barely open my eyes!" I told him as we walked to the eating boys.

"Im sorry sweetheart." He faced me and rubbed my temples and the back of my head. "Better?"

I nodded and he put his arm on my shoulder, looking at all our lost boys. I put my arms around his waist and snuggled into his chest. Someone then coughed awkwardly behind us making me turn around.

"Sorry Henry! This is Genie. She is the queen of Neverland." Peter introduced me.

"Hello Henry. Its nice to meet you." I hugged him like I do all my children and pulled away." When you get comfortable you can call me mum or mummy but only when you want to."

"Genie? What happened to-" Henry started but was cut off by Peter.

"Well Henry looks like you're getting 2 of your mother's delicious pancakes."

"Its alright love. If you are hungry I will give ya some more!" I winked." Go on to the table."

After breakfast me and Peter went on a stroll and told me we had some guests on the island and to stay by the camp with our little ones. I agreed even though I don't like to be ordered. He then suggested we should head back. He said that Henry was very important and he wanted him to get used to his new home right away. I was happy Peter brought a new kid and that he was excited to bond with him. I know we teach the lost boys some cruel lessons and played dangerous games but that's what kids do. They play against the rules, especially the boys.

The next morning I made French toast with berries and milk. I could tell something was on Peter's mind so I held his hand the whole time.

"Alright boys. To officially welcome our new lost boy we will go into the forest and play some games." Peter announced. The boys loved games so of course they were excited." Everyone 10 and older will come with me and the other 9 of you will stay with your mother." I didn't complain but the boys did making me pout. They mumbled 'sorry' and I left it. Henry was looking at me with curious eyes and I smiled lightly at him. He smiled in return and stood up with the rest of the boys.