Chapter 4

Hope you like this story. Let me know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I paced around the room furiously. How DARE he. I was planning to break up with him when he got back from Alaska, but I guess I'm going to when he gets here. Unless I call him and end it over the phone. That's a little heartless, but he gave me a stomach full of rocks. Yes, I cheated on Edward,but it was over between us the moment he pushed me into the rocks and cut my stomach. Maybe even before.

I walked into Carlisle's office, just wanting to snoop to get my mnd off of Edward. I looked through the first two drawers, finding only files of patients. Then the last drawer had a picture of Esme and Carlisle that should be on his desk. He must really like me if he's gonna put away all of Esme's photos. Under the photo was a file that had Divorce written on it. He's already gotten the divorce papers ready. Everything was done except Esme's signiture.

That gave me more courage to call Edward and end it right now. I took out my phone and dialed Edwards number. He picked up on the first ring with a growl in his voice.

"Yes, Bella," He asked with more venom.

"Edward, I- I dont konw how to tell you this, but," I started walking over to the window,"I'm done with us." I smiled as Carlisle came into view.

"What? Bella, no. Please," He started to beg. "I love you. You cant leave me."

"I can, and I will becasue you wont give me space. You're tryingto protect me from something that I dont need protecting from. Jacob wont hurt me, but you have hurt me just trying to keep me safe from him. I'm done."

There was silence for a second. I heard a quiet sob, so I hung up. Carlisle had disappeared in the backyard. Most likely coming up here. A tear escaped my eyes as I waited for Carlisle. I wiped it away quickly though. I sighed as I felt lips on my neck. It felt nice to be totally free from Edward now.

"What's wrong?" He asked as I moaned.

"Esme and Edward's coming. They know. Also, I just broke up with Edward." I told him turning around. "I feel free now." I laughed.

Carlisle's arms tightened around me protectivley. It made me feel more safe as he didnt go too far as to have me leave the country. Edward would want me to pack up and move to Antartica for the month if something like this happened. I pushed him agaisnt his desk and kissed him. He groaned softly, as he lifted me up to wrap my legs around his waist. I decided to stop it before Edward and Esme came when we were busy.

"I saw the divorce paper's."

he glanced at the drawer and asked "YOu think I'm going too fast?"

I smiled andshook my head. "No"

He kissed me on the forehead and we headed down the stairs to wait for Esme and Edward. After a few hours of waiting, cooking, and talking, maybe a heated moment or two, we heard Edward's volvo pull up outside. Carlisle got the divorce papers from the kitchen and came back. Carlisle's hand found mine as we walked out to greet them.

(AN: I so wanted to end here)

 The look on Edward's face said it all, anger. It scared me a little bit. Esme's face had confusion on it. As we walked closer to them, Edward growled and got ready to pounce, but when Carlisle turned to shield me, he stopped. Still growling he walked into the living room without a word.

"Esme," Carlisle greeted with a small sad smile. She returned the smile.

Carlisle handed the divorce papers to her and she looked it over. "I'lll sign this only after you explain." She said.

That seems like a reasonable negotiation, I nudged Carlisle aside and motioned for Esme to go on in. Esme and Edward didnt' sit down like I was, since I was feeling the pain in my stomach. After telling them to wait while he got me some more morphine, he began, "Well, Esme and I hadn't been dong too good this year and I was planning on divorcing her anyway to help us both fnd love somewhere we needed to, but then  Bella came with the cut on her stomach and I put aside the divorce papers. I stiched up Bella and took care of her. I didnt realize I was falling in love until we kissed.

I never wanted to hurt either of you, but Esme, you'll find someone else that loves you, and edward, this is your fault since you never gave her the freedom she wanted. You tried to protect her from someone that she didnt need protecting from."

Edward just walked upstairs and we heard scrapping, which meant that he was packing. I know he was angry, but seeing how happy I was must have made him see that he wasn't good for me. Esme took out a pen and signed the divorce papers then handed it back to Carlisle.

"Thank you for telling the truth. I've always wanted to open up my own daycare. Maybe I will after I learn to be immune to blood like you, Carlisle," She said with a smile.

She walked out to the car and got in. I guess Edward was finished packing byt the quiet upstairs. The car sped off a second later. Esme took it better than I thought. In fact they both did. Only one thing more:How or when are we going to tell Charlie?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all like this. Im starting the 5th chapter. I'll have it up soon. Maybe tomorrow.

Vote

Comment

Fan

Love you all

Thanks for reading.