Chapter Five

The wind was blowing and the sky was clear. Silvermoon closed her eyes for a brief moment, breathing in the last scents of her sweet Clan.

"Are you ready?" mewed Coldheart.

"Yes, I'm ready," mewed Silvermoon as she started running. "We better get out of here before the patrol comes."

Coldheart nodded and ran after her.

The two cats ran and ran until they were far away from the Clans.

"Wow," breathed Coldheart, "I've never been this far away from EarthClan."

Silvermoon felt a pang of homesickness already, but shook it away. Suddenly, she spotted a field of flowers not far away. There were rabbits bouncing around and and hollow log that they could sleep in.

"Look over there, we can make a shelter over there," mewed Silvermoon, tugging on Coldheart's scruff.

"Alright," mewed Coldheart, "To the flower field!"

The two cats raced each other through the colorful field. Suddenly, there was a growl.

Silvermoon jumped.

Coldheart laughed and mewed "It was only my stomach. I'm hungry, come on, let's hunt!"

Silvermoon nodded and blushed, then, she realized how hungry she was too. Luckily, there were lots of rabbits around and they caught three easily.

The sun was starting to rise as the two cats finished their meal.

"I'm tired," mewed Silvermoon, swaying slightly on her paws.

"Me too," mewed Coldheart as he nudged his mate upright. "Come on, let's go sleep," he mewed as he pointed to the hollow log.

Silvermoon yawned and nodded. She padded through the tall grass until they reached the hollow log. Silvermoon peeked inside and saw a pair of green eyes. She jumped, then realized that it was only Coldheart entering from the other side. This is a nice place, and I'm happy to be here, with Coldheart.

It had been a moon since Silvermoon and Coldheart had left their Clans. Coldheart and Silvermoon were coming back from a walk when Silvermoon felt a twinge in her belly. She groaned.

"Are you alright?" mewed Coldheart.

"Yes, I must have eaten some crowfood," mewed Silvermoon, staggering to their den. "I'm going to bed."

Coldheart gave a surprised look, then nodded as he went to fetch a rabbit.

Silvermoon stretched out in the hollow log, settled down, closed her eyes, and went to sleep.

Suddenly, Silvermoon opened her eyes. A silvery figure appeared before her.

"Willowfern?" mewed Silvermoon, staring at RippleClan's former medicine cat.

"What have you done, Silvermoon, you silly cat! You're going to have kits with Coldheart!" mewed Willowfern.

Silvermoon flinched at the kind she-cat's harsh tone.

"But Riverstar said-" started Silvermoon.

"Never mind what Riverstar says. She broke the warrior code once too," snapped Willowfern. Then she sighed and mewed "I guess what's done is done. Here are some herbs to help you, eat them and everything will be fine..." mewed Willowfern, fading away.

Silvermoon took the leaves and closed her eyes. Am I really making the right decision? I've broken the warrior code, StarClan help me!