My Fault (Chapter 19)

Maya's POV

I walked out of the RV in the morning to see Andrea sitting on the picnic bench, her head in her hands.

I walked over to her and sat down. It dawned on me that we had barely spoken since Amy had died.

"You okay?" I asked her.

Stupid question. Of course she wasn't.

Andrea lifted her head out of her hands. "I shot Katie." She said, her eyes full of regret.

I slung my arm around her shoulder. "Don't worry about it. She'll forgive you." I told her.

"It's Daryl I'm worried about." She responded, looking back up at me.

I nodded. "He'll forgive you, too." I said, smiling, "And besides, you were just protecting the rest of us. He's understanding like that."

She smiled weakly back at me and started to get up. I took her arm and pulled her back down to me.

"How are you coping?" I asked her.

She shrugged.

"Please don't blow that question off, Andrea. I just care, that's all." I responded.

"Honestly?" She asked.

"Honestly." I assured.

"Well, it hasn't been easy ever since Amy died. I didn't see a reason to live. That's why I wanted to take Jenner's offer." She started, looking at the ground, "I thought that there was no hope. But now, with the farm, I can start to feel it again. My will to live." She explained.

"So you're not thinking about blowing your brains out anytime soon?" I asked her, raising an eyebrow.

She smiled and shook her head.

"Good." I responded, satisfied.

I got up off the bench. I made my way over to Dale and T-Dogg.

"Mornin'." I said to them, smiling.

"Mornin'." They chorused.

Glenn started to walk by us.

"Morning." I said to him.

"Sup?" T-Dogg asked Glenn.

"Nothing." Glenn said quickly. "Nothing's up, why?" He continued, fumbling over his words.

"Are you oka-" I started, but then he cut me off.

"Yup. I'm fine. Nothing's wrong. All good here." He let out a nervous chuckle and walked off.

After he was gone, I turned to T-Dogg and Dale. "Okay, was that weird?" I asked them.

Dale nodded suspiciously and looked over at Glenn who was now talking to Lori, trying to hand her some jerky. She just kept shaking her head and pushing him away.

What is going on?

* * *

Katie's POV

I woke up and the sun was seeping through the windows. I was guessing around six, maybe seven in the morning. I looked beside me and saw Daryl. He looked so soft and innocent when he slept. I examined his face. He had dirt, blood and grime all over it. I was pretty certain it wasn't his blood, though. Hopefully just walker blood.

As I was examining his face, his eyes suddenly opened and I jumped a little bit.

He smirked at me. "Scare you?" He asked.

"We live in a freaking apocalypse and you think that THAT scares me?" I asked him, avoiding the question. He just looked at me skeptically. "Yes." I said, smiling slightly.