Everything's Going To Be Okay (Chapter 27)

A/N:

I'm so sorry for the long delay. Last minute school stuff and Canada Day celebrations got me busy ;) But the weather here's gonna be rainy all week so ill update frequently.

Wow!! Over 2000 reads!! Never in my life I thought that it would go this far. I was perfectly happy reading books on Wattpad and thought that I would never write an actual story, but here I am!

Okay, so this chapter I went slowly with writing and I took my time. It's just hard to go slow an get season 2 over with because I have HUGE plans for season 3 :)

Anyway, after a long, boring Author's Note, here's 27.

--------------------

** 1 WEEK LATER **

Katie's POV

"Did Rick say anything to you about Glenn when he got back from town?" Maggie asked Lori.

"Said he was pretty shaken" Lori replied.

Maggie nodded and went back to chopping red peppers for lunch with a disappointed look on her face.

It had been one week since the incident at the bar. Glenn hadn't been the same since we've gotten back. And neither I nor Daryl were at our best, with the constant excitement and anxiousness of the results constantly hanging over our heads.

"He says he froze." Maggie said, looking at Lori. "Blames me. Says I got in his head." She said, averting her attention to me.

"He came back. That's what matters. Men have to do certain things, you know that." Lori assured, slicing a cucumber. "And blaming a woman is the reason they do them or the reason they don't."

I looked at Maggie. "Hey, what happened out there happened, and there's nothing you could've done differently to make it better." I assured her, putting my arm around her shoulder.

Maggie smiled at me in appreciation, but then looked worried again. "Things wer

e good. Maybe I'm-"

"Glenn's a big boy. He makes his own decisions." Lori advised. "You got anything to apologize for?"

Maggie shook her head.

"Well then there's nothing you can do. Just tell him to pull himself together and man up." Lori said.

"Just don't actually say 'man up', it never goes well." I clarified to Maggie, smiling slightly.

Maggie and Lori let out a small chuckle. Maggie then stepped up and walked over to a plate on the counter that had a chicken leg on it already. She then put the red peppers and cucumbers on it, and started to pick it up.

"I better go get this to Beth." Maggie explained, but Lori stopped her.

"No, let me." She said.

Maggie and I both nodded and stepped back, allowing Lori to take the plate.

When Lori left, I turned to Maggie. "What was that about?" I asked her. "Why the urge to give Beth her food? Why does she feel the need to-"

"Give it a rest." Maggie said, chuckling. "You're not an investigator anymore, Kate. You don't have to think so critically into everything." She said with a smile. "It's nothing."

I nodded and smiled with her. "Why don't you go find Glenn." I told her while patting her on the back. "You guys need to work it out."

She sighed, smiled weakly at me, then nodded.