I Know You (Chapter 25)

Sorry again, that this chapter took so long... I had to catch up on some last minute assignments for the end of the year and all of that studying.... Ugh! Don't even get me started... 

Short chapter btw.

And 1,500 reads?!?! What?! This is insane... I can't thank you guys enough. You're all amazing.

Anyway, here's 25. Hope you enjoy! :)

------------------

Katie's POV

I woke up in the morning, feeling Daryl's body heat radiating off my back. I thought that he left after I fell asleep, but I guess not. He must care about me more than I thought.

"Mornin' Sunshine." The sound of Daryl's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I smiled up at him. "Mornin' Dare." I replied.

I groaned in pain as I shifted to face him. The pain was jolting up my leg all the way to my head. I soon felt a wave of dizziness and I groaned even louder.

"Ye okay there?" Daryl asked, brushing a stray piece of hair away from my face.

"It really hurts, Dare." I told him through clenched teeth as the pain started burning in my thigh.

He made a sympathetic face as his hand lingered on my cheek from when he brushed my hair away. He started rubbing small circles with his thumb on my face.

"I know." He said softly, sighing. "I'm sorry, you know if I could take the pain away, I would, but I can't, so I won't. You're just gonna have to suck it up." He said, louder this time, while lightly tapping my right thigh.

"Ow!" I protested as this sudden contact sent more jolts of pain through my leg.

He chuckled and sat up abruptly. He then swung his legs over the side of the bed. He got up from the bed and made his way towards the door.

I leaned over and picked up his pillow from beside me. I brought it back past my ear and threw it with all my strength. It hit square in the back of his head.

"Hey!" His head snapped back to me. "What the hell was that for?" He demanded.

"For hitting my leg." I responded bluntly, trying to hide my smirk of satisfaction from my amazing throw.

He grunted, mumbled something about breakfast and then he left the room.

I sat there stunned at his sudden outburst. It then turned into worry as I started wondering if I'd made him angry, or hurt him. Or maybe it was just he wasn't a morning person. My thoughts were running wild and I was overthinking it.

As usual.

I looked out of the window and saw that the sun wasn't streaming in. I looked and saw that it had barely risen. It was still very early.

I was snapped out of my train of thought when I looked over at the door and saw Daryl opening the door slowly. He had a tray in his left hand with a small ration of scrambled eggs and half a glass of orange juice.

He walked over to my bedside and placed the tray down on the night stand.

"Sorry it's not much... We've been running low and I wanted to save some for the others." Daryl said quietly.

"Oh... Oh, it's fine. This is perfect." I said to him, a little baffled at his kindness, considering how he had stormed out minutes before.

He nodded and picked up the tray again. He then set it down on my lap and sat down in his chair, across the room from me.