Chapter 2 - Shopping

"Where have you been?!" Lanie shouted at us as we walked towards her.

"Easy Lanie" I laughed and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Don't tell me you had a guy over" she accused and my eyes widened.

"Lanie!" I half shrieked. "I did not!" I added.

"Is she telling the truth mini-detective?" Lanie questioned Alexis and she giggled at the small game they seemed to play every time in some kind of unknown way.

"I didn't find any sign of a boy being in the house this morning" she told Lanie and Lanie kept acting.

"You sure? She is a good sneaker" she asked and I threw up my hands in the air to show her I was done with her game.

"Positive" Alexis answered laughing at my reaction.

"Good, can I get a hug now sweetpie?" Lanie asked and Alexis gladly walked into Lanie's open arms.

We walked into the shopping mal once they were done hugging and when we got inside we immediately walked to one of the clothing stores. We were there to buy new clothes for Alexis who had almost outgrown her old clothes I had gotten from the child services. We walked through dress after dress, shirt after shirt, pants after pants, finding enough for her to have until the next time she outgrew them.

"I think it's time for some food, are you hungry?" I asked Alexis as I could feel my own stomach growl for food.

"Yes!" she shouted out and Lanie laughed.

"What do you want for food?" I asked and she gave me that sneaky smile she had sometimes when she didn't really want to say what she really wanted.

I gave her a nod and she exclaimed 'McDonalds!". Both me and Lanie laughed as Lanie messed up Alexis's hair. We walked to the food restaurant and I told Lanie to go find a table together with Alexis. When I had gotten what Lanie wanted I went to order one happy meal for Alexis and two McFeasts for the two of us. I also added three ice creams to our order, thinking Alexis would appreciate the idea. When I got to the table where my redhead and best friend sat I could see the added food didn't go unnoticed by neither of them.

"Ice cream!" Alexis and Lanie exclaimed at the same time with satisfied smiles plastered on their lips.

I couldn't help but laugh at their reaction as I put down the tray on the table.

"Yes, but you have to eat your burger before you start on the ice cream, deal?" I told Alexis and she nodded frantically.

I helped her pack up her burger before I started eating on my own. All three of us got quiet the second we started eating, probably because we were much hungrier than we thought we would be.When we all were done with the burgers I took out the fries for Alexis before I gave her the ice cream as well. She gave me a questioning look and I just smiled at her taking out my own.

"Have you ever tried dipping your fries into your ice cream?" I asked and she raised an eyebrow.

"No?" she said and I took out one of my own fries to dip it in my ice cream.

"You can't say you don't like it until you've tasted" I winked before I put the fry in my mouth, eating it up overplaying with a moan.

Alexis laughed and immediately mimicked my movements before she put her own fry in her mouth, immediately getting happily surprised by the taste. Lanie chuckled beside us but I knew she was doing the same. It was her and me who had somehow gotten the weird idea to try it and we had both loved it so much that we decided to make it a thing between us, and we also agreed on passing it on when we got kids. At that moment none of us knew I would apply for a foster kid but since I did I wasn't going to break our decision.