Chapter 25 - Molly

I woke up to a pair of lips carefully kissing in my hair. His arms were around me in a matter that made me think he was afraid to loose me. I had my back towards him which resulted in him not seeing when I opened my eyes. I snuggled back into him and he snuggled his nose closer into my hair. I heard him smelling my hair and I couldn't help but let go of a low chuckle.

"Sniffing my hair are we?" I said with a tired morning voice.

"Mmmm you smell like cherries" he hummed with a hoarse voice.

I turned my head and body enough to be able to look at him. To my surprise he snuggled into my neck and I could hear him smelling me again before he lightly touched my skin with his lips in a small peck.

"We should get up" I said and I felt his arms tighten around me in an instant.

"Five more minutes, please" he asked and I sighed with a hint of a giggle in it.

"Why?" I questioned half laughing.

"Because it's so comfortable here" he took a deep breath, "it feels nice to be this close to you" he confessed with a slightly lower voice, as if he wasn't sure if he wanted me to hear it or not.

"If we get up and find out who wanted you to stop investigating we'll be able to do this every day" I said in a suggestive voice.

He shook carefully on his head and snuggled even closer to me.

"Yeah but no" he said and I chuckled.

"What do you mean 'yeah but no'?" I questioned.

"Five more minutes won't kill anyone" he whispered before he kissed my neck again, making butterflies wake up in my belly.

I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face. The room fell silent as the only thing making sounds were our breathing. I turned my head towards him to be able to inhale his scent. I closed my eyes to rest for a couple of minutes, since he didn't seem to have in his mind to let me go soon I figured why not take advantage of it and get some more energy?

"Dad? Kate?" a small familiar voice woke me up and I peeked up to see the girl stand in front of my bedside.

"What is it?" I mumbled and she smiled at me.

"Are you and dad together?" she questioned and I yawned.

"Why do you think that?" I asked back, avoiding the question by asking my own.

"Pumpkin?" Castle mumbled peeking out from behind me.

He still had his arm around me and was snuggled close to me which was probably why Alexis had asked her question. I saw Alexis looking at his arm before she smiled and walked out of my bedroom.

"What's that about?" Castle asked tiredly.

"Don't know" I mumbled. "We should get up though" I added removing his arm from me as I raised from the bed.

I felt his hand grasp for me but I was quicker than his tired try. He groaned and when I looked at him he had his face down in the bed, the sight making me chuckle. I sneaked closer to him and bent down enough to be able to whisper in his ear, though I was careful enough not to let my hair come in the way and warn him of my closeness.

"Get up sleepyhead" I whispered and kissed his head before I quickly pulled away to make sure he wouldn't try to pull me down with him again.

I listened to where Alexis and Molly were in my apartment and heard them in the kitchen, so I quickly changed into every-day clothes before I went out of my bedroom to join them. I heard Castle raising from the bed once I walked out and smiled to myself.