Chapter 22 - Investigative much

"Okay, so we have absolutely no clue about who would do this" I complained letting go of a big sigh and covered my face with my hands as I leaned back against the couch which we had ended up leaning our backs against.

"Well, we do got a list" Castle tried to cheer me up from beside me.

"Urgh, yes, we got a list filled with suspects. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack" I complained and I heard him take a quick breath.

"But at least it's a haystack" he said and I moved my hands to be able to peek at him.

"How can you be so optimistic? We've been sitting here for hours trying to figure this out" I continued to complain and he just shrugged his shoulders.

"I can't help it, I have this... feeling" he tried to explain, "... and I get it every time I'm near you, makes me feel like everything is going to be okay" he wouldn't really look at me which made me observe him even more.

He looked shy, as if what he was saying was something coming from deep inside his mind, something private. It made my insides flip in a way only he had succeeded with, making me feel both uncomfortable and... loved. Suddenly my phone started ringing and when I looked at it I saw it was the 12th precinct, which meant it was either Ryan or Esposito, or both.

"Don't you dare talk, ok?" I told Castle before I answered, "Beckett."

"Yo, we just wanted to hear how the babysitting's going?" Esposito mocked and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Espo, don't you have a murder to solve? And it's going great, Lanie came over to help me, she took the kids out for ice cream so that I could get some free time, clean the house" I lied to him, I knew Lanie hadn't told him about Castle and I didn't need more people being able to rat me out.

I felt Castle move closer to me but I tried to ignore it, even though I could feel my heart beat faster.

"Yeah, but Lanie told me something about a guy, who's he?" Esposito said and I stiffened.

"I'm not dating anyone if that's what you're asking" I said, a little more defensive than I should've.

"Aaaand that's how we know you're lying" Ryan added out of the blue.

"No, I'm not" I said and Castle's body shook a bit, trying to retain a chuckle so that they wouldn't hear him.

He removed my hair and I started to feel my heart going nuts, I had no idea why he was doing this to me but he was so going to pay for it. Without any more warning his lips attached to my neck and he started kissing my skin.

"Come on Beckett, we're family, you can tell us" Ryan said in a sincere tone.

"Is it that guy me and Lanie saw you with?" Esposito asked right the second Castle started sucking on my pulse and I gasped, thankful he would probably think it was because of his question and not because of something someone was doing to me.

"Espo, Ryan, I can't believe you two called me just for this, you have justice to serve" I scolded them.

"We're actually waiting for an analysis so we really have nothing better to do" Ryan defended and I had to suppress a moan when I felt Castle's hand start moving inside my shirt and down into my pants.

"What are you even doing? It doesn't sound as if you're cleaning" Esposito asked and I could picture me him smirking right now.

He was probably onto me, he knew more than he should. I just prayed he wouldn't find out who I was together with.

"I'm taking a break" I replied short, couldn't risk saying something I shouldn't.

Castle was in so much trouble, I wanted to push his hand away, push him away, but I couldn't. His touch was irresistible, plus he was touching me in just the right places.