Chapter 16

Recently I just got some good news and bad news. The bad news is that I still have to stay in this gloomy hospital room for a couple more days but the good news is that my body has healed immensely and I will be fine.

The only thing that will not be able to be fixed is my past. I've lost a majority of my recent memories, which explains why I don't remember Thomas, the boy with the golden hair and pale skin. He recently told me about how he feels towards me, and all I can feel is awful about it. I wish I knew how I felt back or if I even felt anything at all. He seems like a really nice guy and it was extremely hard for me to tell him I have no feelings towards him whatsoever.

My thoughts soon vanished when I heard a light knock on the door.

"Come in!" I chirped, trying to sound as happy as I could be.

"Ms. Simmons.." the nurse said as she entered the room, "you have a visitor. Would you like a few minutes before they come in?"

I smiled at her thoughtfulness before shaking my head.

"No, that's alright, thanks." And with my word, she left, and soon came in Thomas.

Lately, he's been visiting me at least twice a day for about half an hour each visit. It was nice to have his company and talk to someone, but I also felt like I could be leading him on, without intention.

"How are you feeling today Kens?" He asked, as usual.

"Alright. A bit better today." I said, also as usual.

He chuckled at the comment that's been used daily and looked down to his hands briefly before looking back up at me.

"I have a question that I've been wanting to ask you for a little while now..." He pauses, making eye contact with me once again.

"And that is?" I smile, trying my best not to look so tired.

"Well, I was wondering if you'd maybe like to go for some coffee tomorrow afternoon?"

A light blush appeared on my cheeks and a small smile formed.

"I think that would be wonderful Thomas." I said softly, happy that he'd ask me in such a sweet way.

His eyes lit up with hope and a big smile spread across his lips.

"Great! I will come around 3:00 tomorrow to pick you up?"

"Sounds awesome!" I said with a smile as he kissed my cheek gently. My eyes widened in a bit of shock before he looked at me in a sheepish way.

"Sorry.." He mumbled, "I got a bit carried away there... I'm just uh- used to doing that y'know.."

I giggled slightly and shook my head. "No need to apologize, Thomas." I smiled. "I understand."

He smiled and nodded. "Y'know you can call me Tommy though. I mean, you used to. Actually, you're the only one that used to call me that."

"Really?" I asked. Tommy, hmm, sounds cute, I thought.

"Yeah." He smiled genuinely. "Anyways, I'll be here for 3 tomorrow. I'll get Alex to bring you something nice."

"Oh, alright. Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow then."

And with one quick smile he was gone.

ⓒ Lex