Chapter Five

I start to freak and put my hair over the Alien so they can't see it and open the door quickly. Buddy squirms at first but lets it slide after three seconds.

"Yes officers, how may I help you?" I ask scared out of my mind, I am trying to act as calm as possible. I hope that they can't sense that I am on edge.

They look me up and down as if I'm a suspicious character. Or as if they know something that I don't.

Do they know I have the Alien? Did someone at school see me leave with it and then called the cops on me? I sure hope not. I love the little guy. If he's leaving for experiments, I'm going too! I think as the cop starts talking.

"Yes, we're searching the area, and we searched your neighbors, and everything so don't think that we're just searching you. We're trying to make sure that the Alien that got out of containment this morning isn't secretly in your house planning on killing you tonight while you sleep." One of the cops says in a deep and unsettling voice. He has an ugly scar on the right side of his face and brown hair with cunning green eyes, he has tan skin, so he's had a lot of cases outside. The other is a lighter tan. He has blonde hair and brown eyes that look scared. He must be the new kid on his first real job. I kind of feel bad to be honest.

"Okay, I'm Scarlet," I say as I let them both inside of my house. They first walk into the kitchen and look at my uneaten or touched pizza sitting on my plate.

"Does someone else live here?" The more muscular cop asks me, his green eyes staring into my soul and eating it up.

"No, it's just me. I was about to eat that when you guys knocked on the door." I say rolling my eyes knowing that it's cold and I'm not going to want to eat it now. Of course, I regret it afterward because now I'm showing that I'm rude. I need to be more helpful to people who could lock me away.

"I'm sorry about that ma'am." The officer says smiling at me. I feel my entire body feel shivers go up my spine. But, in a good way actually.

"You're okay, you guys are just doing your job. It isn't your decision." I say smiling a weary smile back at him. He looks at me and then whispers something in the other cop's ears, and he nods and leaves the house and starts walking to my neighbor's house. I'm now left with the other police whose eyes are looking up and down of my body. I feel more shivers go up my spine as he does.

"So..." He says as he walks out of the kitchen and goes into the living room and starts inspecting everything. I feel like I'm being invaded. Like there's no place where there's privacy. If I didn't love the Alien I'm taking care of, then I would be more than happy there was a cop who was checking my house while silently flirting with me.

"So, what?" I ask a little confused about what he was going to say. He just kind of trailed off as he's looking all around my house for traces or any signs that an Alien could be in my house. I wonder what little signs he could see that would tell him the Alien is living in my house? From as much as I know about Buddy, he's really good at hiding, and little things aren't really that easy to see when you don't live there.

"So, I don't see any traces of an Alien in your house so far. Also, are you single?" He says making me blush. He's probably just two years older than me. He probably just got out of college a year or two ago by the looks of him.

"Well, yes I am. Are you?" I ask in a flirtatious way. I have the right to ask him the same question he asked me. It's a way to show him that I'm interested in him, or at least that's what movies have taught me.

"Yes, I'm single. I was just wondering because you're beautiful and doubted that you were." He says leaving the living room to inspect more of my house. I go and shut my bedroom door as I don't want him in there. He looks at me and smirks.