Chapter Seven

I make it to the coffee shop and saw Dave already in a seat. I hurry and park my ship and get out and hurry to where Dave is. I personally hate making people wait for me because I hate waiting for others. He looks up at me and smiles. He's wearing a tan trench coat and black pants. He's also wearing a hat that matched his trench coat, it's a tan color and looks like a business hat.

I watch as he watched me come towards him. I sat in a seat that's right next to him. He looks at me and then looks at my moving purse.

"Why is your purse moving?" He asks me curiously as Buddy is probably getting resituated.

"Well uh, I guess my phone is vibrating." I lie as I am making an excuse as I put my hand inside the bag and help calm down the Alien. He rubs his head against my fingers and then stops moving. After a couple seconds of awkward silence, a waitress comes up to our table. She has blonde, curly hair, blue eyes, a totally fake mole dotted on her face, and glasses that are a little too big for her face. Her style is honestly cute if you ask me.

"Hello! I'm Maria, and I'll be your waitress for this beautiful morning. How may I start your morning off?" The waitress says happily. You can tell it is something she has rehearsed a million times this year.

"I would like a vanilla bean coffee, please," I say politely as she nods and writes it down on her notepad in black sharpie. You never really see pencils anymore. It's all pens and sharpies in this day and age.

"I would like a chocolate mocha frappe please," Dave says getting the opposite thing of me. I look at the waitress as she walks away with our order. Dave then looks at me and smiles. "You know Scarlet, how could someone as pretty as you be single?" He asks me. I blush lightly feeling really cute at the moment. The reason I don't have a boyfriend is because I don't talk to anyone at school. I'm too much of a book nerd for the boys there.

"Well, I just haven't liked anyone who likes me," I say thinking about the three boys I've shut down once they ask me to go out with them. I feel like this is one of those moments.

"Yeah? Well since your single I was wondering if you would go out with me?" He asks. I predicted this moment from the beginning. That's how predictable most boys are these days. The last three boys that asked me out were total geeks. Into comic books, action figures and didn't know one thing about personal space.

"Well, uh... Sure," I say not wanting to be rude to a cop who can probably file fake crimes against me. I don't really know why he would do that to me, but I bet that he would if I disappoint him. Then again, maybe I shouldn't expect the worst from him since he's been really helpful to me this whole time while I've been a complete jerk.

"Really? Okay well, I guess this could be our first date together." Dave says looking at me sexily. It was a look that I was starting to fall in love with. Of course, I'm not sure about how this is going to go, but we'll see. It's not like I can't break up with him in the future if things get weird or wrong.

"Well... Okay. " I say and before I know it he's leaning in to kiss me!

I try to think quickly and just end up going with the flow. Dave kisses me, and I kiss him back as we are in the middle of our kiss the waitress comes and gives us our coffee which interrupts our kiss and we both look at her as she walks off. We both start to drink our coffee and start having a very awkward staring contest. I bet the rest of this evening is going to be really uncomfortable.

After we both finish our coffee, we start to talk about something that has to do with Aliens. I just give him my knowledge about Aliens, and then he gives me his information about Aliens, and we continue to do that. After about an hour he gets a call from his work.

"Look, I have to go, I got a call about maybe knowing where the baby Alien is. The mum has been in a fit ever since the baby was stolen from her. I would give that person some personal emotion training. How could someone live with themselves stealing that poor baby from her? I can't believe how some people are such monsters," Dave says, getting up and giving me a kiss before he left. He went off to his job and then I went to my ship and go home.

I let the baby out of my purse, and he starts to sniff the ground, and I hurry and put him outside on the grass where he pees. I wipe my fake sweat off my forehead and go inside and wait for the Alien to also come inside. He comes inside, and I start to think about what Dave told me.

"The mom has been in a fit ever since the baby was stolen from her." Is what keeps repeating in my head. I feel bad for the mother who just wants her baby back. I'll make a plan to get into the school laboratory the entire weekend and then on Monday the project will go into action. I don't want to be that monster that Dave can't stand. I want to be that sweet, innocent girl that he thinks I am. Of course, I may need some help getting in the lab since I don't know where it is.